• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    Tlr1s but no laser ....think they make a version with one but I didn't want strobe or laser so I got the HL 1000 LUMEN
    think the laser thing pushes it past your allotted budget

danatkins

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    I've got an x300, tlr1s, olight pl mini2 and the full size pl pro I like them all the x300 lives on my ar the mini is my edc and the tlr is what I use when I put any of my guns in my omnivore on my war belt. Got the other olight on sell it's a spare. Tried it but it was too big for my canik elite combat executive it would be good in g22/17 sized guns

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Calebcroy92

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2020
    Plymouth
    Tlr1s but no laser ....think they make a version with one but I didn't want strobe or laser so I got the HL 1000 LUMEN
    think the laser thing pushes it past your allotted budget
    Lazer isnt needed. Do you like your tlr1s? I a fan if streamlights. Just never had a gun mod light.

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    Lazer isnt needed. Do you like your tlr1s? I a fan if streamlights. Just never had a gun mod light.
    I really like the light ...like I said I don't have the S model as I don't want the strobe, I really only need the light function but I have the hl and for the price it's amazing
    As posted above I too have an omnivore holster on my range belt and that's the cats a$$ ....one holster and you throw your tlr1 on any pistol you have and you can use the same holster

Calebcroy92

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2020
    Plymouth
    I really like the light ...like I said I don't have the S model as I don't want the strobe, I really only need the light function but I have the hl and for the price it's amazing
    As posted above I too have an omnivore holster on my range belt and that's the cats a$$ ....one holster and you throw your tlr1 on any pistol you have and you can use the same holster
    That's one reason why I have not got a light yet is because of my holster. So I appreciate the holster information also.

Calebcroy92

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2020
    Plymouth
    I've got an x300, tlr1s, olight pl mini2 and the full size pl pro I like them all the x300 lives on my ar the mini is my edc and the tlr is what I use when I put any of my guns in my omnivore on my war belt. Got the other olight on sell it's a spare. Tried it but it was too big for my canik elite combat executive it would be good in g22/17 sized guns

Thank you for the information

danatkins

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    My only gripe about that holster is having to adjust the different guides for sizes

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    My only gripe about that holster is having to adjust the different guides for sizes

Haven't run into that yet ...I don't have any of them in the holster , I just make sure to hit the light in the back but I know what you mean

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne

Never mind ,I'm being a dum dum ...I do have one in there , guess it's just been a good enough fit for the few pistols I switch around the light on

goob469

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    I was (and to some extent still am) a big Surefire fan. They are great lights but, I think they have focused so much on their military contracts that they have started to price themselves out of the consumer market. I have a X300 and it is a great light. But I can also tell you my last weapon 2 weapon lights were Streamlights. You can get into a Streamlight TLR-1 HL (1000 lumen) for $127.00 on Amazon - 5 Stars with 13,441 reviews.

danatkins

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    I personally like a bright light say 800 lumens or higher. Really dislike strobe light because that can affect you as well in a very dark situation.

If you want to save money and still have a good warranty and great customer service Check out this site.

But can you find a holster to fit?
    Another option la police gear makes one that is patterned after the tlr1 for like 60

danatkins

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    I use night stick myself 850 lumens.
    I've seen a few holsters for them but not as easy to find. Idk about the op but I always have a lift on my gun and want to make sure I can get a holster for it

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Good point about holsters. X300's and TRL's are the most prevalent and holster makers are now making light specific (any gun) holsters.

Gotta keep resale in mind. Specialize too much and you'll have have problems finding buyers for your expensive prima donna equiptment. Consequently, buy one of the two most popular WML's, and you may well lope into a great deal on some used equipment?

Might be worth a WTB add for an x300? I bought both of mine used, at a decent discount. One of them came with a RCS holster wrapped around it...

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I use tacticon.com stuff on rifle and home defense pistols because I like to support Jake. He's good people and someone you would want on your side when SHTF.

Top Bottom