• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    well I'm almost 31 and this is the first time I have ever had this. a couple of parents decided it was ok to mask the symptoms and send their kids to daycare anyway and both of my kids ended up with it. A few days later i had a 102 fever and a sore throat. now it has moved into sore's all over my hand's, feet and severe sores all over my throat. swallowing much more than water could just about make me cry like a little girl.
    the funny thing is both of my kids acted like this was no big deal and you almost couldn't even tell they had it. the doctor told me it can be more severe in adults. so who has had it as an adult????

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    My wife and I had it a couple years ago...got it the same way you did-daycare.

My wife was much more sick with the fever but I got the little red sore dots worse than her. They lasted about a week for me.

Our daughter was sick for 1 day. Adults get it worse than kids is what the doctor said.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    I got it a couple years ago. My son brought it home from daycare. I didn't have any throat issues, but did have the red spots on hands and feet. They were bad enough on my feet I could barely walk.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    My son and I both had it 2 years ago. Basically as described above..with the added bonus of having my fingernails fall off, peeling from the cuticle toward the tip.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    At least one of coworker's kids AND his wife have had it before. His wife, being in the healthcare industry, had to have a MONTH off work before they'd allow her back to work.

Apparently 1 or more of his kids has recently been re-infected with it. I'm a tad unclear if it was the SAME kid with it again - or just having it back in the house with the other kids.

From what I gather - this is a "relatively new" disease as well.

I certainly hope my kids don't get it.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    At least one of coworker's kids AND his wife have had it before. His wife, being in the healthcare industry, had to have a MONTH off work before they'd allow her back to work.

Apparently 1 or more of his kids has recently been re-infected with it. I'm a tad unclear if it was the SAME kid with it again - or just having it back in the house with the other kids.

From what I gather - this is a "relatively new" disease as well.

I certainly hope my kids don't get it.

From what I was told, you can only get it once.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    From what I was told, you can only get it once.

Sorta. Having had it confers some immunity. Just like getting a vaccine. And just like with vaccines, how much immunity is conferred depends on several factors such as the strength of your reaction, your immune system, the amount of exposure on subsequent exposures, and the strain to which you are later exposed.

Top Bottom