Hammer thrower Gwen Berry turns away from flag while anthem plays at Olympic trials

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I prefer, "advocate".
    There's nothing wrong with activism per se. The venue matters. If she wants to advocate, she should attend or organize rallies at her state legislature or even in Washington, DC. WTF is the US Olympic Committee going to do to end this (imaginary) "systemic racism" that she's upset about? Maybe that's the strategy. "Protest" where you know there won't be any push back?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    DoggyMama tried the fake eyelashes once. I, being the sensitive person that I am, just kind of nodded in feigned approval at first. Now keep in mind that she's a natural redhead and there isn't a single jet black hair on her anywhere. When she asked me to be honest, I told her that it kind of looked like there were a couple of wooly worms crawling across her eyelids. She took them off shortly afterward. :):
    What I was hinting at was that over-the-top affectations (way too many earrings, unnatural colors of hair and makeup, super-long nails, etc.), especially in combination, often (but not always) have their genesis in overcompensation for feelings of inadequacy borne out of trauma (often family). This has a tendency to result in what looks a lot like narcissism.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    What I was hinting at was that over-the-top affectations (way too many earrings, unnatural colors of hair and makeup, super-long nails, etc.), especially in combination, often (but not always) have their genesis in overcompensation for feelings of inadequacy borne out of trauma (often family). This has a tendency to result in what looks a lot like narcissism.
    That makes sense. You rarely see people (especially women) that are conventionally beautiful (or even attractive) dying their hair purple, getting multiple piercings and tattoos, etc..

1624918138092.png
    1624918175824.png
    1624918212659.png

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    There's nothing wrong with activism per se. The venue matters. If she wants to advocate, she should attend or organize rallies at her state legislature or even in Washington, DC. WTF is the US Olympic Committee going to do to end this (imaginary) "systemic racism" that she's upset about? Maybe that's the strategy. "Protest" where you know there won't be any push back?
    I meant that I'm a 2A advocate. I guess I could've been a little more clear. It happens.

texas123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Frankfort
    Makes you wonder how all of the people that donated feel. I don't believe this is what they had in mind when they gave time and money and support. At this rate more and more people will simply tune out and stop supporting them. I consider actions like that Anti American, and Marxist behavior.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    ABL here brings up a good point, or a couple good points.
    She said she was blindsided.
    Then how did she already have a tee-shirt.

Also, maybe she's trying to set herself up to make money after the games.
    After all, what is a hammer thrower going to do for a living?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    ABL here brings up a good point, or a couple good points.
    She said she was blindsided.
    Then how did she already have a tee-shirt.

Also, maybe she's trying to set herself up to make money after the games.
    After all, what is a hammer thrower going to do for a living?

She’s full of ****. She planned it all along.

Top Bottom