• ...and so much more!
  • jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Stolen from X (Twitter) but very much my thoughts:

“What worries me is what feels like an inevitability that we get pulled into this. The next domino to drop is whatever Hezbollah does. The US Navy has said they'll get involved if they do, Hezbollah says if the US Navy gets involved they'll go after American military installations all over the ME.

Israel has said if Hezbollah gets involved, they'll go directly after Syria/Assad. That can't be realistically done without tangible US support, and if that happens, there's always the chance that the Ayatollah decides to rig up the millennium challenge speedboats to try and sink an MEU boat with 2000 marines on it or god forbid, make a go for a carrier group somehow.

And if that happens, we might really be in it for a long haul fight with Iran (hopefully not) which imo, is one of the most passingly likely conflicts we could end up in with a high chance of using nuclear weapons. Iran is a massive country size wise, with a large population and rough terrain. As an occupation it'd be a nightmare, like Afghanistan x20.

And if that happens, we would be engaged with funneling major support to Ukraine, being in a land war with Iran, and as BRICS members it would certainly solidify the situation for Russia/Iran/China. It would certainly be a prime moment for China/NK to make some kind of move on Taiwan/SK/Japan if that were to occur.

China isn't nearly as formidable from a kinetic perspective as they want the world to believe, but this would undoubtedly open the continental US up to cyber attacks, terror attacks, and infrastructure/logistical sabotage which as we saw with COVID, is incredibly fragile.

Waging a 3 front war on 3 sides of the globe simultaneously would have been a tall order, but doable, for the pre Gulf War 1.0 US military. I don't think it's possible today, not without nuclear weapons being deployed.

I'm not saying this is the most likely outcome, but I feel like it's a possible one. And for now my greatest concern is hoping, probably in vain, that this situation finds a way to resolve itself without a massive American commitment involving boots on the ground.

Which seems iffy considering all the stock purchases in the defense industry our congressmen are making and oil hitting like 93 bucks a barrel, as well as the fact that Israel lacks the artillery munitions to pacify Gaza (80 percent of the pre-staged American artillery stores in Israel were sent to Ukraine) without getting into a meatgrinder of an urban conflict that will take time and casualties.

This will also "conveniently" quell and dispel all sorts of domestic political angst in the US. The left has "their war" in Ukraine, and the right would have "their war" in the middle east. All it takes is a terror attack on American soil and Garth Brooks coming on stage wearing an american flag romper and we're time warped right back to 2003.

That era gave us the PATRIOT Act and Guantanamo Bay interrogation/extraordinary rendition to black sites. Given what we've seen happen to anyone who so much as stood on the sidewalk on January 6th, what excess is the govt going to indulge in towards anyone who doesn't support such an endeavor under emergency powers with their current boldness?

We're certainly living in interesting times. God help us all.”

My only two cents to add would be that this is definitely a larger play at the multipolar world. The US is destabilizing at a rapid pace, while BRICS+ is growing in strength and social power. It wouldn’t surprise in the least for them to pulling the strings of all this fiasco to further deplete our manpower, weapons stocks, matériel and resolve, while continuing to supplement their own and biding their time for the eventual strike against us. Everything is on a teetering point right now, and the war drums are banging loudly.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That’s why I always get a chuckle out of people who claim that something is against the law, be it local or, in this case, “international humanitarian law” or law of land warfare. Sure they exist, right up until they don’t. And the person or entity with the biggest stick decides when they don’t exist anymore.
    And if you have a big enough stick, nobody can do anything of substance about your transgressions.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I will flat out say that I really don’t know the fine details of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict and it’s history, but what I know is that the US doesn’t need to be wrapped up in another foreign entanglement. Ultimately, we will be, and it will have severely detrimental affects here at home. We should all be aware of propaganda from all parties (including here at home) and know that we are in full 4th and 5th generation warfare at this point.

I ran across this one on X (Twitter) as well and it’s worth keeping in the back of our minds. And the US is not innocent in these matters either.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

“What worries me is what feels like an inevitability that we get pulled into this. The next domino to drop is whatever Hezbollah does. The US Navy has said they'll get involved if they do, Hezbollah says if the US Navy gets involved they'll go after American military installations all over the ME.

Israel has said if Hezbollah gets involved, they'll go directly after Syria/Assad. That can't be realistically done without tangible US support, and if that happens, there's always the chance that the Ayatollah decides to rig up the millennium challenge speedboats to try and sink an MEU boat with 2000 marines on it or god forbid, make a go for a carrier group somehow.

And if that happens, we might really be in it for a long haul fight with Iran (hopefully not) which imo, is one of the most passingly likely conflicts we could end up in with a high chance of using nuclear weapons. Iran is a massive country size wise, with a large population and rough terrain. As an occupation it'd be a nightmare, like Afghanistan x20.

And if that happens, we would be engaged with funneling major support to Ukraine, being in a land war with Iran, and as BRICS members it would certainly solidify the situation for Russia/Iran/China. It would certainly be a prime moment for China/NK to make some kind of move on Taiwan/SK/Japan if that were to occur.

China isn't nearly as formidable from a kinetic perspective as they want the world to believe, but this would undoubtedly open the continental US up to cyber attacks, terror attacks, and infrastructure/logistical sabotage which as we saw with COVID, is incredibly fragile.

Waging a 3 front war on 3 sides of the globe simultaneously would have been a tall order, but doable, for the pre Gulf War 1.0 US military. I don't think it's possible today, not without nuclear weapons being deployed.

I'm not saying this is the most likely outcome, but I feel like it's a possible one. And for now my greatest concern is hoping, probably in vain, that this situation finds a way to resolve itself without a massive American commitment involving boots on the ground.

Which seems iffy considering all the stock purchases in the defense industry our congressmen are making and oil hitting like 93 bucks a barrel, as well as the fact that Israel lacks the artillery munitions to pacify Gaza (80 percent of the pre-staged American artillery stores in Israel were sent to Ukraine) without getting into a meatgrinder of an urban conflict that will take time and casualties.

This will also "conveniently" quell and dispel all sorts of domestic political angst in the US. The left has "their war" in Ukraine, and the right would have "their war" in the middle east. All it takes is a terror attack on American soil and Garth Brooks coming on stage wearing an american flag romper and we're time warped right back to 2003.

That era gave us the PATRIOT Act and Guantanamo Bay interrogation/extraordinary rendition to black sites. Given what we've seen happen to anyone who so much as stood on the sidewalk on January 6th, what excess is the govt going to indulge in towards anyone who doesn't support such an endeavor under emergency powers with their current boldness?

My only two cents to add would be that this is definitely a larger play at the multipolar world. The US is destabilizing at a rapid pace, while BRICS+ is growing in strength and social power. It wouldn’t surprise in the least for them to pulling the strings of all this fiasco to further deplete our manpower, weapons stocks, matériel and resolve, while continuing to supplement their own and biding their time for the eventual strike against us. Everything is on a teetering point right now, and the war drums are banging loudly.
    How many ifs was that? I lost count...

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Doubling down...

There you have it. Apparently, BLM doesn't separate support for Palestinians from Hamas. Hamas killers paraglided into the outdoor festival and slaughtered scores of peaceful festival goers.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Sounds plausible. Maybe they think the best time to spark something is now because the US is most likely currently at a weak point. Could be the reason why there was a shear unprecedented barbarity of the attack on Israel.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Sounds plausible. Maybe they think the best time to spark something is now because the US is most likely currently at a weak point. Could be the reason why there was a shear unprecedented barbarity of the attack on Israel.
    I truly believe the reason it happened because of No Mean Tweets. Geopolitics is a long game.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    UN says the siege is against international law smh…

“The imposition of sieges that endanger the lives of civilians by depriving them of goods essential for their survival is prohibited under international humanitarian law,” the High Commissioner said. Any restrictions on the movement of people and goods to implement a siege must be justified by military necessity or may otherwise amount to collective punishment.

What's their opinion on targeted slaughter of civilians? :dunno:

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI

I've been sitting by and letting things settle before posting my thoughts, but there are things in here that resonates with me. The biggest thing I've been feeling is a massive sense of dread and foreboding. I feel as though no matter what happens, this will lead to unintended and unforeseen consequences.

The first thing is that even though it's easy to put the sole blame on Iran, I don't believe they were the only decision maker here. I believe that this was more of a "enemies of enemies is my friend" situation, where Hamas (known for their hatred of Israel and their eagerness to destroy them is well known) was invested in to be used as a sort of proxy. Iran may have been the coordinator here, but I believe many actors among BRICS+ and the ME gave their blessing.

The second thing is that this event gives some benefits to Israel as well as the US. There are two quotes that come to mind. "Truth is the first casualty of war", and that "war is a racket". I know some may accuse me of getting conspiratorial on this, but I get real suspicious over things like this. Like for example how people in hang gliders defeated the most advanced spy and radar networks in the world? Some say hackers, some say double agents. I don't know, and I don't think we'll ever get a true answer, but there is a Latin phrase "Cui Bono", or "who benefits?"

Hamas benefited in their terrorist goals, at least until Gaza is turned to glass. But anyone who gains power and influence in war also benefited. I've seen some doubt that leaders would allow such an atrocity to occur, but as we've learned in history (especially during Covid), elites often have a more Machiavellian approach to life. Could we say that executives of Lockheed Martin and their investors wouldn't sacrifice a small fraction of a percentage of "peasants" if it means getting another several billion dollars next year? I'm not accusing anything or anyone, but I believe a healthy dose of skepticism can go a long way here. Israel is the victim and will soon get a similar support as Ukraine, the US has a reason to stay in the ME again, and now we have another hot topic for division and destabilization.

The third thing is how the consequences will permeate here at home. Let's say terror attacks do happen here in some major cities. Will all of the steam in the anti-establishment/big-gov evaporate? This may be controversial, but firmly believe the terrorists won 9/11. They killed thousands that day, scared the population to a state of control, and plunged America in a more oppressive state than ever before, and everyone welcomed this as a "necessary evil". Terrorists became the new boogeyman, and that even though they were a threat, they were used by the media and establishment as justification to push whatever they wanted. Now you have to get molested when going on an airplane, while Juan or Mohammed can walk across the border with an AT-4.

One time when I was thirteen, I had the cops called on me for shooting cans in my back yard with a daisy red ryder BB gun, because people thought I was a part of ISIS (no joke, the responding sheriff deputies said exactly that). One of the ways oppressive regimes function is by establishing a common enemy. Fearful people are easier to control, especially with an issue where you don't see what you prevent. With that, you'll end up with a population that will rat out their own neighbor, either for brownie points, or because are legitimately afraid of an ISIS training center in suburbia.

The point of this long rant is that this may spiral out of control, and lead to unintended consequences. We can't respond emotionally and let ourselves be manipulated. This attack was horrific, and I wouldn't be losing any sleep if Israel blows the head off all Hamas militants with a 20mm, but I am not going to give up my freedoms because Hamas agents may blow up some building in the US, especially when the damn border is open. And I sure as hell don't trust the Brandon regime to make the right decisions on this conflict, or to tell us the truth.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I've been sitting by and letting things settle before posting my thoughts, but there are things in here that resonates with me. The biggest thing I've been feeling is a massive sense of dread and foreboding. I feel as though no matter what happens, this will lead to unintended and unforeseen consequences.

The first thing is that even though it's easy to put the sole blame on Iran, I don't believe they were the only decision maker here. I believe that this was more of a "enemies of enemies is my friend" situation, where Hamas (known for their hatred of Israel and their eagerness to destroy them is well known) was invested in to be used as a sort of proxy. Iran may have been the coordinator here, but I believe many actors among BRICS+ and the ME gave their blessing.

The second thing is that this event gives some benefits to Israel as well as the US. There are two quotes that come to mind. "Truth is the first casualty of war", and that "war is a racket". I know some may accuse me of getting conspiratorial on this, but I get real suspicious over things like this. Like for example how people in hang gliders defeated the most advanced spy and radar networks in the world? Some say hackers, some say double agents. I don't know, and I don't think we'll ever get a true answer, but there is a Latin phrase "Cui Bono", or "who benefits?"

Hamas benefited in their terrorist goals, at least until Gaza is turned to glass. But anyone who gains power and influence in war also benefited. I've seen some doubt that leaders would allow such an atrocity to occur, but as we've learned in history (especially during Covid), elites often have a more Machiavellian approach to life. Could we say that executives of Lockheed Martin and their investors wouldn't sacrifice a small fraction of a percentage of "peasants" if it means getting another several billion dollars next year? I'm not accusing anything or anyone, but I believe a healthy dose of skepticism can go a long way here. Israel is the victim and will soon get a similar support as Ukraine, the US has a reason to stay in the ME again, and now we have another hot topic for division and destabilization.

The third thing is how the consequences will permeate here at home. Let's say terror attacks do happen here in some major cities. Will all of the steam in the anti-establishment/big-gov evaporate? This may be controversial, but firmly believe the terrorists won 9/11. They killed thousands that day, scared the population to a state of control, and plunged America in a more oppressive state than ever before, and everyone welcomed this as a "necessary evil". Terrorists became the new boogeyman, and that even though they were a threat, they were used by the media and establishment as justification to push whatever they wanted. Now you have to get molested when going on an airplane, while Juan or Mohammed can walk across the border with an AT-4.

One time when I was thirteen, I had the cops called on me for shooting cans in my back yard with a daisy red ryder BB gun, because people thought I was a part of ISIS (no joke, the responding sheriff deputies said exactly that). One of the ways oppressive regimes function is by establishing a common enemy. Fearful people are easier to control, especially with an issue where you don't see what you prevent. With that, you'll end up with a population that will rat out their own neighbor, either for brownie points, or because are legitimately afraid of an ISIS training center in suburbia.

The point of this long rant is that this may spiral out of control, and lead to unintended consequences. We can't respond emotionally and let ourselves be manipulated. This attack was horrific, and I wouldn't be losing any sleep if Israel blows the head off all Hamas militants with a 20mm, but I am not going to give up my freedoms because Hamas agents may blow up some building in the US, especially when the damn border is open. And I sure as hell don't trust the Brandon regime to make the right decisions on this conflict, or to tell us the truth.
    Hamas there should be a special place in Hell for them. Decapitating babies, and children!

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan

Right on the money.

And I shouldn’t laugh, but when you were talking about the BB gun story, I laughed and thought I’d the South Park episode “Naughty Ninjas.”

Top Bottom