• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    My father passed away Mar. 9 and I have to liquidate his radio equipment on behalf of my sister and I. Anyone know of radio clubs, fests, etc. in the surrounding areas of Terre Haute, Indianapolis.....

I have a 4 car garage, 1 room and a storage unit to empty and sell off. Ive already started listing stuff on ebay but wow this would take a very long time using just ebay!

Microwave, Shortwave, CB, HAM you name it I probably have it including related tools, test equipment, new/used parts,broken/operable radios and much more.

My dad was a radioman in vietnam (US ARMY) and served 39 years. I followed in my father's footsteps and am an electronic technician also so I am at an advantage and know what I have here.

NavyVet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Marshall County
    There is a hamfest coming up in the Peru area in two weeks. A little Google search should pull their website up.

Quite a few hams on INGO. Might be worth posting a list in the classified. Also QTH.com has a large ham-related classified section.

The Dayton Hamfest is next month in Ohio and is one of (if not the) biggest hamfests in the world. Might cost a little more to get in there, but exposure is good.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    There is a hamfest coming up in the Peru area in two weeks. A little Google search should pull their website up.

Quite a few hams on INGO. Might be worth posting a list in the classified. Also QTH.com has a large ham-related classified section.

The Dayton Hamfest is next month in Ohio and is one of (if not the) biggest hamfests in the world. Might cost a little more to get in there, but exposure is good.
    Thanks for the heads up.

Former AE3 USN

Oresti

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Sorry about your dad. I live by Terre Haute/Clinton and have always wanted to get a shortwave setup and my license. However, I know NOTHING about it and wouldn't even know what half the stuff I was looking at was used for.

samwathegreat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Sorry to hear about your father.

If you could get a list together, myself and/or my ham buddies may be interested in purchasing some of the radios. I would be interested in knowing what 2m/440 mobile and handheld units you may have available.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Sorry to hear about your father.

If you could get a list together, myself and/or my ham buddies may be interested in purchasing some of the radios. I would be interested in knowing what 2m/440 mobile and handheld units you may have available.
    :n00b:
    Seriously, "I have a 4 car garage, 1 room and a storage unit to empty and sell off". No kidding!

Top Bottom