Had my first CM9 malfunction....well sort of.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    Had my first CM9 malfunction...Turns out it is an issue.

UPDATE.

I went to the range today and it started not resetting again so I came home and gave it the best cleaning its ever had. Still won't reset if I hold the trigger while I rack the slide. I have to push fgorward on the trigger to get it to reset. I guess I am going to have to send it to Kahr.

I am the worlds worst about cleaning my stainless guns that are not my EDC.

I used to carry the CM9 until I fell in love with the XDs 45 but I shot several magazines in the CM9 a few weeks ago and honestly it probably had not been cleaned since the trip before that. I am going on vacation next week and figure I might be wearing shorts a lot so I decided to clean the CM9 to carry when I wear shorts.

The CM9 requires you to pull the trigger to remove the slide and I could not get mine to come off. I tried racking the slide and even put it back together to make it easier. What I found was that the trigger was not resetting. I actually had to push forward on the trigger to get it to reset. Apparently it had so much buildup and I had not cleaned it so all that hardened and kept it from resetting.

I good cleaning and all was back to normal but I guess I will have to be more diligent about cleaning the ones that aren't my EDC.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom