• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 22ishplinkster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I have been sending my new representatives a continuous stream of correspondence.

Every week or two I run my search at congress.gov looking for firearms related legislation. I then write to her pointing out those bills which are acceptable, and the large number of bills which are utterly unacceptable. I then make sure that I note the number of co-sponsors for the unacceptable bills as well as note whether she is a co-sponsor on an acceptable bill.

I intend to keep doing this until things change. Which probably means I'll die first.
    Each time I write I challenge my representative to call out those who are violating their oaths of office. To call them out for their sponsorship or co-sponsorship of legislation which is contrary to the Constitution.

I have also encouraged my representative to build a coalition among other freshmen Congress persons who believe in the Constitution as written.
    Thank you!!! We need to do more of this collectively

chevyguy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    T
    Some people never poop them out, and let their brains get full of poop, and swear they're producing reasonable thoughts. They don't even know that they're full of ****. It's sometimes astounding that they don't realize the crap coming out of their mouths. It goes straight from the feels to the mouth without any rational thought.
    When God was handing out brains, they were hiding

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    So now we wait to see if the Senate is going to screw us. What a shame.

Oh, this will make the FFL's happy because EVERY gun in the classifieds here will require a background check and a fee.
    They will ALL be logged in 4473.
    And overload the already stressed "background check" system causing further delays and problems.
    Just wait until they do it with ammo too.

I have nothing good to say about the people that voted for this. X10

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Oh, this will make the FFL's happy because EVERY gun in the classifieds here will require a background check and a fee.
    And overload the already stressed "background check" system causing further delays and problems.

This might be the part where the Senate is supposed to save us? Maybe Biden won't sign it because I heard on INGO that "he won't actually do it. Gun control is a loser."

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville

I've had it. I'm so pissed right now I've had to start over 3 times so far. We are witnessing the destruction of The Constitution and the country. Not only by the electorate, but by the quislings that voted for them.
    I'm just going to call these P.O.S. what they are. Traitors. No more explaining why you voted for them. You can go pound sand because you helped bring about this destruction.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Completely unenforceable and this will turn eye rollers into active noncompliant participants in all gun regulation schemes.

A disaster waiting to back fire.

I wonder if it's even intended to be enforceable. It's just another charge they can tack on if they investigate/arrest someone and find a gun they didn't pass a 4473 for.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I've had it. I'm so pissed right now I've had to start over 3 times so far. We are witnessing the destruction of The Constitution and the country. Not only by the electorate, but by the quislings that voted for them.
    I'm just going to call these P.O.S. what they are. Traitors. No more explaining why you voted for them. You can go pound sand because you helped bring about this destruction.
    Been there for a while!

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I wonder if it's even intended to be enforceable. It's just another charge they can tack on if they investigate/arrest someone and find a gun they didn't pass a 4473 for.
    I think they aren't that stupid. I think they know it's not enforceable and that they will come back later and say they need full, mandatory registration to make this work.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Schumer says there will be a floor vote in the Senate. He didn't say there will be a vote to end debate, he said on the bill. So he expects to get rid of the filibuster for this? Or am I reading too much into his statement.

Top Bottom