• ...and so much more!
  • MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    [video]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4e3_1376602237[/video]

He seems pretty far away, but I'm not very knowledgeable in Tannerite safety. I've only used it once and I wasn't blowing anything up but an empty water bottle. The video description states it was 1 lb of Tannerite, but the explosion looked bigger than any 1 lb explosion I've ever seen. Thoughts on that for INGOers with more tannerite experience?

I sure hope videos like this are used for educational purposes, but I'm afraid this just adds momentum for any potential ban on it.

PS. Forgive me if this is a dupe. I searched best I could, but didn't find anything with this video.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm not a big fan of putting explosives under things made of metal with nothing between me and it unless someone is shooting at me from behind that metal.

That cut looks like it was made by metal.

Tannerite- use it to blow up stuff that's not like to come back to "haunt" you.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I'm not a big fan of putting explosives under things made of metal with nothing between me and it unless someone is shooting at me from behind that metal.

That cut looks like it was made by metal.

Tannerite- use it to blow up stuff that's not like to come back to "haunt" you.

I agree. His choice of material to blow up seemed lacking in safety to begin with. The explosion just seemed a lot bigger than the 1 lb I put in a plastic water bottle. The explosion I got from 1 lb didn't seem big enough to launch anything the distance it did in the video, let alone with that velocity. Maybe the build up of pressure in the computer monitor had something to do with it, versus a flimsy water bottle.

Last edited:

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Once again, stupidity was painful. That wound no doubt would take more than a few stitches to closes...the scar that leaves will be a daily reminder of what NOT to do with tannerite.

SNAGGLE TOOTH

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Indy
    I have neighbors in the country that come out on weekends and blow stuff up with tannerite at 50 yards. It seems extremely dangerous to me at this distance. Clearly if you are blowing up anything that can fragment you are taking a really big risk. I know that there is an Indiana lawsuit working through the courts now in which a woman had her fingers blow off from a metal fragment at @ 50 yards. This video was taken at 100 yards +

SNAGGLE TOOTH

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Indy
    There is no doubt you could take a tree down with this stuff.......Just not sure which way it would fall and that would be a problem

WeeJ

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Tannerite is a binary (2 part) explosive. It is legal provided you use it the same day you mix it. However, to be fully legal you must ensure that you do not place it in a container (or under something) that will create fragmentation - in doing that you create a destructive device; a big legal no-no

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Tannerite is a binary (2 part) explosive. It is legal provided you use it the same day you mix it. However, to be fully legal you must ensure that you do not place it in a container (or under something) that will create fragmentation - in doing that you create a destructive device; a big legal no-no

Yep^ Rep's incoming.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Which INGO-er used tannerite to take down a tree, with similar results?

This is why we can't have nice things.

I'll admit, I put a metal drum/barrel on its side on the 4th, shot it from 100 yards. When the smoke cleared the drum was gone - about 40 feet away, shredded in the woods.

not my brightest moment but cool as heck. Wont do it again....

Top Bottom