• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dieselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Bloomington
    A few weeks ago, I removed my mint condition Enfield from the case to find that a chunk of wood had broken off the stock just past the bolt handle. No idea what happened to it or where the missing piece of wood is. Was upset to say the least. It is the modified "jungle carbine" style so finding a replacement stock is pretty much out of the question according to my research. However, the piece broke off across a straight line so I don't think it would look terrible if someone who knew what they were doing could just sand down it into something that looks a little better.

So my question is... is there a gunsmith around Indiana that is really good with wood stocks that could help me out?

Ash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Do you still have the piece that broke off of the stock? If so, it shouldn't be too difficult to make it whole once again. Does the piece fit to the stock by hand. Dowel and glue, brass rods/screws, or such could be an option for a nice repair.

Do an online search for gunstock repair to get some ideas and knowhow.
    Do not sand anything until you see what can be done first.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    No idea what happened to it or where the missing piece of wood is.

Do you still have the piece that broke off of the stock? If so, it shouldn't be too difficult to make it whole once again. Does the piece fit to the stock by hand. Dowel and glue, brass rods/screws, or such could be an option for a nice repair.

Modern wood glue is stronger then the wood itself. If you have the piece you can make it look like it never happened pretty easily.
    :dunno::dunno::dunno:

Diesel,
    Not sure who can do stock repair. I suggest calling Bradis and ask them. They probably have the number of someone.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    No idea what happened to it or where the missing piece of wood is.

Modern wood glue is stronger then the wood itself. If you have the piece you can make it look like it never happened pretty easily.
    :dunno::dunno::dunno:

Diesel,
    Not sure who can do stock repair. I suggest calling Bradis and ask them. They probably have the number of someone.

Top Bottom