• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'll run out if front of this and say you will get well over fifty different responses. We all have our our rules that allow us to determine what is good for us. Not always the best for everyone, but it works.

best gun ever made? The one that works for you.

given time and use. 1911

I was (of course) going to list my absolute favorite JMB offering but thought better of it for obvious reasons.

Well done sir.

Last edited:

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Glock. Just holding a glock you should feel honored to be holding such a magnificient piece of Austrian engineering

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Since no one has mentioned it... a S&W 29 thanks to Elmer Keith in the now classic 44 Magnum... If he was only alive today to see what his pet project spun into with the heavy hitting revolvers we have today.

Nathanaf8388

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2020
    Montezuma
    Remington 870 you can hunt animals big and small and protect your home.
    I don’t think a rifle or pistol are even really a contender in an “overall” firearm contest as they are pretty limited compared to a shotgun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    I never liked questions like this without context. There is no single best gun, best car, best golf club... Questions like this need context. Certain things are best only for a specific purpose. A T/C Contender in 7mm TCU will run circles around any semi-auto for long-range shooting, but is no good when it comes to Steel Challenge or USPSA. Neither of those are any good shooting skeet or trap. And you could not shoot any of those in an ICORE match. That's why there are so many types of guns.

If there was a best gun, then everyone would just need one gun; their version of what the best gun is. I'm sure none of you out there only have that one best gun you mentioned. Anyway, we all know the right number of guns to have: just one more.

Top Bottom