• ...and so much more!
  • 1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Haven't taken the time to read all 5 pages so I'm sure this is a repeat.

The second gun I ever bought was a 10/22. Still have the original receiver, though I've upgraded everything except the spring and the bolt. Personally I shoot it the most of any firearm I own. There are a plethora of after market parts. The thing still runs like a top even if I neglect to clean it. I can shoot it all day and it only costs me about $20 in ammo. It's a good squirrel gun, plinking gun, and I'll probably train my kids on it when they're ready for semi-auto.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Guns are golf clubs. Best at what?

That’s what I was thinking as well. It’s like asking what was the best airplane of WWII. It’s too broad of a question to get anything really meaningful from it.

For the handgun category, I’d nominate the 1911. It was one of the first designs to bring reliability and capability together in a semi-automatic pistol. It was good enough in 1911 that it is still a strong choice for carry 109 years later. It will probably still be in production in 2111 to.

For the rifle category, I’d nominate either (or both) the AK and AR. AK’s arm third world peasants all over the world. The AR arms American peasants in the US. Both have been around for a very long time and neither are in danger of becoming irrelevant any time soon.

I’ll pass on naming anything for hunting, target, competition or other categories.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Aren’t we all? I’m struggling to get 50 quality posts but just can’t seem to break into double digits yet.
    It's the green bars that I'm after......it shows how helpful, wise, and funny you are.
    Just look at how many you have, 88' ! I'm jealous !

Color me a reputation slut. I'm stuck at two measly green squares ..... I haz a sad. :crying:

stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    I go for the Stoner 63(?) system, multi function weapon that can be converted into a carbine, battle rifle, machine gun etc. all by changing out parts.
    Pistol would be the 1911, longest production pistol to date.
    shotgun would be the Saiga 12, AK style shotgun that is idiot proof.

Top Bottom