• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    My 50 cal. TC Hawken that I bought in 1985 when I was 23. It was the first new gun that I ever bought and it's still the gun that I've spent the most time hunting with. For years I used to go with a group of guys to camp out and deer hunt in Jackson County, and in the summers we'd go to muzzle loader shoots. I tanned the hide from the first deer I killed with it, and I took a narrow lace from that hide and braided it over part of the brass trigger guard. There's only a few dings on the stock, and I remember how I got each one.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    my father purchased my very first handgun for me a couple days after i reieved my ltch...an hk .45.........also, a german luger from ww2 that supposedly my grandfather took off of a soldier he shot

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I have Remington 510 single shot .22 given to me by my uncle. It was my dad's when he was a kid and he traded it to my uncle for a Ruger 10-22. I also have a TC New Englander 50 cal that was the first gun I ever bought(I think I was 12 or 13). Used to hunt with it, but she just sits in the safe now. I have a Remington 700 in .243 that I killed my first deer with. I have others that would kill me to sell, but these three wont be going anywhere except to posterity.

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    I've got a stainless steel Taurus 1911 that belonged to my father. When he passed away it was left to me. Dad had worked in tool & die his whole life, and was an extremely skilled metalworker. It came from the factory in a sandblast/matte finish, and he worked it up to a shine that you can see yourself in. I'm never letting that thing go.

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    i would say my cricket .22 i got when i was 4 my grandfather had a guy with a mill engrave my name into the stock, my tula 91/30 i bought right out of high school i love that gun, my hi power my father gave me for my 21 birthday, and my 20 gauge mossburg 500 that i killed my first deer with my other grandfather. thinking about it makes me smile.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    My 410 Mossberg pump (first gun dad ever bought me) and my Browning A5 Light Twelve that dad gave me last year. These will be two that I will never get rid of even though that don't get shot very much.

rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    A Winchester 1300 12 gauge, my grandpa left it to me when he passed. That's the only gun I ever seen him hunt with year after year and it has killed more deer than I could ever imagine. I also killed my biggest buck to date with it 3 years after he passed, I rattled that buck in with a set of horns from a buck my grandpa killed. Theres no way Ill get rid of it. A glenfield model 60 that my great uncle gave to me. I was 6 and it was my first rifle. My grandma gave it to him when he was 16. Ill still get it out for squirrel season. A Mossberg 500 20 gauge that was my first shotgun ever and I still take it out deer hunting . Id be upset if I lost or had to sell all of my other guns but these will stay with me forever and when I have a kid they will become his/hers

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    I have quite a few firearms in all categories, but I guess the one that means the most is my Colt LE6920. I've wanted one for most of my life and at 60 I finally got one.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I have 3, a Mossberg .410 bolt action, a High Standard Sport King, .22 semi auto, that my dad gave to me as gifts, and my Ruger Mark I, that was the first gun I bought .....

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    All of em have a special meaning to me. My most recent, a long sought after M&P pro 5" bought on the day my 1st grandchild was born. Guess who gets that gun when it gets handed down? lol

My model 37 ithaca 16 ga. shotgun handed down from my dad for my 30th birthday. It was His uncles gun, handed down to him. I have always loved shooting it, and it really took me by surprise when my dad presented it to me.

Most recently, I was re-acquainted with my old .22 winchester bolt rifle (model 320) that's sat at my mom's for the past 30 years. It's a lot smaller now compared to what I remember, but it's awesome seeing my son shooting it at the same age I learned to shoot using it.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Mine is my wife's grandfather's Ithica Model 37 16 gauge shotgun. It was made the early 40's. It was restored in the mid 80's by my father-in-law just before he pasted away from cancer. My wife always said it was in the back bedroom closet. She pasted away from cancer 3 years ago. A few years ago my son and I got it out for the first time a few years ago. It is really nice. A really neat peice of family history for my boy to cherrish.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    2 Christmas gifts and 1 other that has a story with it.

Win 37A in 20 gauge when I was 9.
    Marlin 60 I got the following Christmas.

The third is a cheap, imported double barrel in 12 gauge. It belonged a buddy of my Dad's. Someone broke into his house and he swung it like a club and bent the barrels on the guys skull. He had the barrels straightened and traded it to me for a pocket knife when I was 12. One of the barrels still throws a pattern wide right and loose. When you look down that barrel, you can see the bulge.

Tims87gn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Floyds Knobs
    My sentimental favorites are my Ruger 10/22 that my dad got me for X-mas when I was 13. The other was the 1911 my ex-father-in-law got me for X-mas in '02. And last but not least is my Garand.

vvet762

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    A single shot .410 shotgun my Dad had when he was a little boy in Kansas in the 1920's. I can imagine a lot of rabbits kept them going during the depression. Also, a bring back SKS that I carried home from Vietnam. Still haven't fired it. I'm afraid Charlie (VC) may get revenge by the gun blowing up in my face.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    My Remington 700 VTR .308 A-Tacs. It was given to me by my best friends father. He was an Army Ranger sniper team leader, Killed in Afghanistan. I'll have this gun until the day I die.

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    Not really a "firearm" but I bought this "display model" Benjamin Sheridan 397 when I was in high school, I've shot it more than any other gun I've ever owned combined. It's out lasted everything my friend's have bought and I expect it to last for years to come.

DSC_0040_zpsc9793f16.jpg

PMPORTER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis
    A Smith & Wesson Victory model revolver made of pieces and parts put together by a fellow sailor that my gradnfather traded for. He carried it through the war and about 2 years ago pulled it out wrapped in an old cloth and gave it to me. It will go to my son when he is old enuf to appreciate it.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    1988: Applied for a LEO job in my small farm town. Got hired, and needed a revolver for practice, and Academy training. Found a used S&W M10, 4in bbl, Thin style. Purchased, and a few speedloaders, holster, belt, cuffs. Off to the Academy.

After completion, Police Chief shows me 2 junk M66s: stretched frames, cylinders bound, grips missing, springs, you name it. Refused to trust my life to that.
    We sent both to S&W Factory to estimate for repair. They actually made one gun, new frame, and returned for N/C. Worked and looked brand new!

I carried my M10 for approx. 5 months, and still own it today. The M66 was a fine firearm, carried it as a duty weapon for about 6yrs till we traded for Glocks.
    The M10 just seems to be a Policeman's Gun. Never an issue, had a great balance, and eventually had it tuned and reblued as the finish was worn by holster wear. It is a HD gun now, and secures my nightstand. I'm proud to have it as it is approx. 40 yrs old by S/N. The name, "Military and Police" is a perfect fit.

Top Bottom