Guns everyone seem to hat, but you love.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Love the Mosin Nagant rifles, especially the M44. Many haters say they are inaccurate junk! But I just love the FIREBALL that explodes from this mini artillery piece. Enjoying it five rounds at a time with the bolt-action reload pause just gets you primed for that next FIREBALL! Plus, to be the first one that fired that rifle; crated and gunked with cosmoline decades ago, was a pretty cool!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I have a bolt action J.C. Higgins 12 ga from 1948. It was my first 12ga. They were all recalled because there are instances where the bolt would not lock and when fired, the bolt would recoil back. However, if you saw the design of the gun, it is obvious that this could only happen if the gun is fired without the bolt handle being down in battery. The action is so smooth, that my personal belief is that people were cycling them too fast to "show off" and lit one off out of battery.

Mine has been fine. I paid $60 for it at an Ace in Grand Rapids in 1991. It took a couple of deer with slugs...full choke, foster slugs. Accurate enough for 50 yard shots, no problem. The stock had been modified (not well) several times in the past, so when I happened to find that Boyd's gunstocks sold a walnut, 80% finished stock for $85, I jumped on it....yes, worth more than the gun, finished. I have finished the stock and it fits and looks great, but I still have yet to finish the reblue.

This is one like mine, but a pic pulled off the internet:

31204518_2.jpg

Any old Rem 870 or MB 500 is a much better gun, but neither of them were my first 12 ga...but I don't fire it much anymore.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So I took a Walther PPX and a Sig MCX with a EOtech and a single point sling to a Larry Vickers class.

I was one of his “favorites“ just like ditcherman and Nad63 among other INGO members present.

Btw the PPX is ugly as sin but has a sweet trigger and accurate as $()&’.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    Sig Sauer P250C in 9mm

Carried it for a while but its duty now is as a trigger trainer. Run a couple of mags through that thing and you've either learned how to have a smooth trigger pull or you've tossed the gun down range. No one has tossed it down range yet!

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I have a bolt action J.C. Higgins 12 ga from 1948. It was my first 12ga. They were all recalled because there are instances where the bolt would not lock and when fired, the bolt would recoil back. However, if you saw the design of the gun, it is obvious that this could only happen if the gun is fired without the bolt handle being down in battery. The action is so smooth, that my personal belief is that people were cycling them too fast to "show off" and lit one off out of battery.

Mine has been fine. I paid $60 for it at an Ace in Grand Rapids in 1991. It took a couple of deer with slugs...full choke, foster slugs. Accurate enough for 50 yard shots, no problem. The stock had been modified (not well) several times in the past, so when I happened to find that Boyd's gunstocks sold a walnut, 80% finished stock for $85, I jumped on it....yes, worth more than the gun, finished. I have finished the stock and it fits and looks great, but I still have yet to finish the reblue.

This is one like mine, but a pic pulled off the internet:

31204518_2.jpg

Any old Rem 870 or MB 500 is a much better gun, but neither of them were my first 12 ga...but I don't fire it much anymore.

IIRC these were made by Savage and are a good sturdy gun. The later Sears 12ga had bolt issues where they would buy the bolt back from you, it started at $125 and gradually went down to 'store credit'.

These are good old guns and I find them in 12 and 16ga quite frequently.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    IIRC these were made by Savage and are a good sturdy gun. The later Sears 12ga had bolt issues where they would buy the bolt back from you, it started at $125 and gradually went down to 'store credit'.

I have the .410 version. Uncles used it for squirrel, but I never took to shotguns for squirrel.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Easy - the lowly WASR. Equally despised by fudds, AR snobs, and even a lot of fellow AK guys. Thankfully, its reputation has turned a corner over the last few years. I've had several WASRs, including fixed and folding stock versions, commercial 10 and surplus 10/63 versions, as well as older (rougher) imports and modern (2014+) imports with more attentive QC. Say what you will about the WASR, and a lot already have, but these are terrific guns. They may not be as smooth as a milled Bulgarian SAM, as modern as a Russian 100-series, or as rare as an East German MPi-KM, but at the end of the day, the lowly WASR will do anything a $2,000+ AK variant can do.

Here's my highest round-count WASR-10, which has introduced dozens of new shooters and old shooters who are new to the Kalashnikov family. It has seen more configurations than I can keep count, has been used and abused and failed to clean for thousands of rounds, and still goes "bang" every time I pull the trigger, still giving me fist-sized groups at 100 yards. It's a basic, reliable, familiar AK.

I love this gun.

vpC2JUkh.jpg

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    The Taurus Curve. It fits in the hip pocket of my leggings and conforms to the shape of my hip without causing uncomfortable hot spots. I find it to be the perfect BUG to my Judge. Not that you need a BUG when you've got the power of a shotgun in a handgun.

My only real issue is the lack of a Grip Zone on either, leaving me always just a little uncertain I'm holding them correctly.

I feel like either this needs to be purple, or I need to rethink my life and perception of the fabric of the universe.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    The Taurus Curve. It fits in the hip pocket of my leggings and conforms to the shape of my hip without causing uncomfortable hot spots. I find it to be the perfect BUG to my Judge. Not that you need a BUG when you've got the power of a shotgun in a handgun.

My only real issue is the lack of a Grip Zone on either, leaving me always just a little uncertain I'm holding them correctly.

I feel like either this needs to be purple, or I need to rethink my life and perception of the fabric of the universe.

For some things purple is superfluous.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory

Sorry, they were made by H&R.

Top Bottom