• ...and so much more!
  • Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I purchased a firearm on Gunbroker. I got an email from the seller that I had purchased the item so I immediately went to checkout and paid for the firearm. I then got another email stating my payment had been received and they were awaiting shipment. There is a hold on my CC.

Then, two days later this came...

I am very sorry to inform you that we are unable to fulfill your order at this time. We sell our items on a variety of platforms and it appears this one had sold out prior to you making your payment. Our items are not allocated to a customer until payment is received and it appears others have ordered and paid for their items prior to you. This situation can also arise when immediate payment is made, as sometimes our items sell so closely together that we have the inability to end the listing in time to prevent the oversell. While this is all a possibility and does happen from time to time, we ensure you that it is rare and happens maybe once out of every 200 orders we receive. We feel terrible about having to cancel your order and hope that we can make this up to you in the future should we be given the opportunity.

I can't understand how this could've happened.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Who is the seller? I had the same thing happen earlier this year and received a nearly identical email. I don't think they keep very good track of their listings because I almost bid on another listing for the same item from them before I realized. They took it down immediately upon pointing it out.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I've used Gunbroker quite a bit with excellent results except for one time.
    I used the "buy now" feature on a new F.A.I.R. Iside 16 ga from a dealer in the deep south. All they showed was
    a stock picture. I sent a money order and heard nothing for a couple of weeks. When I called them they said it sold as I
    recall and they can order another one which would take several months. I just wanted my money back which
    they promptly returned.
    You need to read the fine print on some of those larger dealers or contact them especially if is a stock picture.
    Ask if it is in stock or at a warehouse in tumbuktu. I believe what happened in my case is that someone paid
    with a CC which got there before my MO. I was being a cheap ass and avoiding the extra 3%.
    Contact them about a refund which, I'm guessing, may not be an issue especially if they have a ton of
    good reviews. You'll just be out the gun which is better than being out the money.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've run into this before, seller says they sold item out of store after accepting my bid. Not much you can do but get a credit on your card and move on.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    poor business practice is what that is. Give them appropriate feedback when it is refunded, if possible open a case with GB as well (not that they will care). I stopped selling there sometime ago, may do it again but will be a last resort. On the buying side they add a 1% "compliance fee" as well.
    Yep, making money on both ends of the transaction. I used to sell on there from time to time, like ebay and other platforms they're trying to squeeze every nickel they can get.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Had a similar thing on Gunbroker. Got a notice from Gunbroker that I won an auction. Contacted the seller who told me the firearm was already sold. Thankfully I didn't use the quick checkout, but was pretty angry. Contacted Gunbroker who told me that the seller should have not sold the item once there was a verified bid on it. They were not happy and pulled the seller's ability to list anything after that.

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    Definitely give the proper feedback if you can .
    Have not bought anything on there for several years, but "Seller Feedback" was Always a determining factor if I made a purchase or not . ( not that it is foolproof ) but sure eliminates potential issues .
    Hope your CC is credited properly ..........

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I purchased a firearm on Gunbroker. I got an email from the seller that I had purchased the item so I immediately went to checkout and paid for the firearm. I then got another email stating my payment had been received and they were awaiting shipment. There is a hold on my CC.

Then, two days later this came...

I can't understand how this could've happened.
    I have run into this once with one particular seller. I was ordering reloading dies and the ones I wanted were hard to come by. I checked to make sure the ad showed that they had the item in stock, checked out immediately and the payment cleared quickly. I got the same kind of run around, which made me conclude they never had the item in question but thought they could get it in time to fill the order. I think they could have gotten it for more than they were charging me and balked at that transaction

I savaged them in gun broker reviews and never did business with them again, it is about all you can do

brdhntr37

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    I've recently lost a lot of faith in gb. Luckily, I've done my due diligence on both cases so I didn't lose anything, but first was a Krieghoff k80 that I was looking at awhile back. I contacted the seller via phone and talked to them a few times. Something seemed off, so i googled their ffl's phone number that the seller said he worked for and they said their license was compromised.

Recently, I found a set of chokes for my shotgun and the seller said to send a check. His gb account was in MD, check sent to FL, and 20 min after he took his post down saying they were sold, the same post was relisted. I then canceled the transaction.

All that to say watch out of you're buying. They only have a $500 buyer protection with a $100 deductible (max $400 back). When I contacted gb, they wouldn't let me report a scam unless I actually bought and won the item.

Top Bottom