• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rdg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Fishers
    Another thing to watch out for is that typical frequent sellers (ie retailers from out of state) use stock photos for their guns. I bid on a Sig 226 Navy thinking it was a low serial # and one of the govt overruns. WHen I called them to ask about it (gut feeling) they said that is a photo of a gun they had 2 years ago.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    90 transactions with no problems.. Some good deals and a few what I would call "steals".
    Their format is very user friendly and reasonably priced when compared with some of the other auction sites.. I give them a :yesway:

Last edited by a moderator:

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    My only experience is buying an AR barrel the buyer refused to accept payment on or ship, even complained to GB and they didn't respond. And buying a buffer tube that broke after 400 rounds. Several requests later, seller never once replied to any contact. Looks like I'll be smashing his 100% rating soon... I don't deal on gunbroker.

hoosier_sully

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Valparaiso
    I've had good luck both buying and selling on gunbroker. But it's like the others have said, you have to do some hunting. I don't even bother looking at listings without a picture or the ones that have a reserve.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Personally, I liked ebay when it was Joe Schmoe trying to sell stuff he didn't need anymore. Then it turned in to a place that retailers could sell online.

Inflated buy-it-now prices, high reserves, etc... It became a sham. No deals, just normal retail.

You can't tell the regular people doing a "garage sale online" from normal retailers.

Gun Broker is the same way.

Last edited:

darthfader

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    NWI
    i bought a shotgun that was posted on gunbroker. contacted the seller directly. bought a bt99 from cali. had a good experience.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    I like it. I'm a gbroker junkie. I love to bid people up and then drop on them likes it hawt!

Just seen a Mav88 on there tonight for $110. Heck I sold one here for $150.

Catfish33

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Clifford, In
    Gunbroker is high most of the time but I did buy my Ruger MKII 6 7/8" Heavy Taper Target pistol on there froma small shop ion Kentucky for a VERY good price. You just have to wade through the masses that think just because it is a gun I should get GOLD prices for them.

rw496

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Lake County
    I just bought one on gunbroker and it went well. I have also bought on Sturmgewehr.com and found a couple deals. You just have to sort through the bs on some sites

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I sell on gunbroker and I feel it is great for the sellers and the buyers. I see some of the prices listed here in the classifieds and I see people trying to get retail price off of the firearms and that doesn't bother me so why would the same type of deals on GB from dealers bother me. I get alot of unusual collector type weaponery in my shop. A short list of what I have sold on GB.

Smith and Wesson police stamped 29-2. Price in shop $699.99, sold on GB for $800
    Japanese arisaka 7/8 childs trainer, shop price $149.99, sold on GB $199.99
    Very nice type 99 last ditch, shop price $199.99, sold on GB $249.99
    Thailand arisaka type 38 carbine, shop price $249.99, sold on GB $299.99

I have numerous ww2 nazi daggers, a Luger black widow with an ss holster etc... and the truth of the matter is that there is not enough interest (money?) in this stuff to sell locally. Gunbroker enables the whole country to look at these items and get them for a fair price.

I leave the guns in the shop for 2-3 weeks to give my regulars a chance to get them. If they do not sell I put an opening bid of what the shop price was (plus $20) with no reserve and they usually go. A gun Shop is a business and if the seller is asking that price then that is what he/she feels they need to get out of it.

Rick

Falls City Firearms

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I sell on gunbroker and I feel it is great for the sellers and the buyers. I see some of the prices listed here in the classifieds and I see people trying to get retail price off of the firearms and that doesn't bother me so why would the same type of deals on GB from dealers bother me. I get alot of unusual collector type weaponery in my shop. A short list of what I have sold on GB.

Smith and Wesson police stamped 29-2. Price in shop $699.99, sold on GB for $800
    Japanese arisaka 7/8 childs trainer, shop price $149.99, sold on GB $199.99
    Very nice type 99 last ditch, shop price $199.99, sold on GB $249.99
    Thailand arisaka type 38 carbine, shop price $249.99, sold on GB $299.99

I have numerous ww2 nazi daggers, a Luger black widow with an ss holster etc... and the truth of the matter is that there is not enough interest (money?) in this stuff to sell locally. Gunbroker enables the whole country to look at these items and get them for a fair price.

I leave the guns in the shop for 2-3 weeks to give my regulars a chance to get them. If they do not sell I put an opening bid of what the shop price was (plus $20) with no reserve and they usually go. A gun Shop is a business and if the seller is asking that price then that is what he/she feels they need to get out of it.

Rick

Falls City Firearms
    I'm glad that is working out for you! I like your approach. I figure if anyone doesn't like what you start the bid at, they don't have to spent 3 seconds looking at your gun.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I bought a BPS Trap off GB because I couldn't find one anywhere else. Paid just below retail and the deal went fine. GB can certainly work under the right circumstances.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I buy multiple things off GB. I have purchased 8 or so rifles along with around 6 pistols. Every transaction went pretty smooth. I find a lot better deals on there then on INGO(no offense). I think there a lot better prices on ARs there then on here especially when some ask crazy prices for their ARs.:twocents:

henry0reilly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I am often asked to appraise firearms and I find GunBroker quite useful in getting a feel for the current market value on commonly offered items.

I get emails of a few saved searches of sellers who have true auctions with penny or $1 start prices. Of the few auctions I have won, I have never had to pay full retail price (and I'm including the cost of shipping and FFL fee in that assessment.)

Top Bottom