• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rabidsquirrel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 29, 2014
    North Webster
    Hopefully this is the spot to post this, I'm new to the forums so go easy on me. To make a short story even shorter...

There is a gun store in my area that has recently opened (I'll leave it unnamed for now), so naturally I stopped in a couple weeks ago. They had a sig sauer mk 25 behind the counter marked at $850. I asked to take a look at the gun and asked how many magazines were included. The lady helping me went into the back and brought out the case. There were 2 magazines included. She and I both visually confirmed this. Trying to mask my excitement over a seemingly great deal I rushed home to negotiate with my wife. She gave in, and thus I returned the next day with cash in hand. They brought out the case again and were about to pack the gun in it. Astutely, I noticed there was now only one magazine with the gun. I asked promptly what happened to the other magazine.

"What magazine?" was the response (same lady I had spoken with the day before). I very politely reminded her that I was in the day before and she had showed me the extra magazine in the case, blah, blah, blah. "You must be mistaken, Sig Sauer only ships guns with one magazine" was the next comment. Blown away by this outright lie, I promptly walked out the door.

Is it common practice for gun stores to pocket extra magazines? Am I missing something?

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    My MK25 came with 2 mags... In the case there is even a place for 2 mags..

EDIT: I just went to look at my MK25 case and it came with 3 mags. One in the gun, & two in the foam cut out.

Last edited:

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bought a pistol a while back during the panic. It was an SR9C, compact double stack and came with 2 mags, a ten and a 17. I had been in earlier that morning to fondle it and make sure of what I was getting. Came back with the cash, bought it, took it home to find they had switched out the 17 round mag for another ten! Took it straight back and informed them of the "mix up." There was some grumbling and one employee tried to tell me that many came with 2 ten rounders for states.like Cali. I explained that I had just been in and was clear about what I was buying, low and behold, but what do I see on the counter in front of me but 2- 17 round mags for my model of pistol, just lying there! They traded me, and I got my 17 round mag, but I haven't been back.
    Were they trying to pull a fast one on me? Don't know for sure, but that was certainly the vibe I walked away with.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    If that is the case and they did pocket the mag or do something else with it. Then they know what they done and they know they lost a sale over it. Lesson Learned for them, assuming they even care about losing a sale.

rabidsquirrel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 29, 2014
    North Webster
    By the way the lady acted behind the counter, I could tell something was afoul. She was awfully red in the face when I asked about the other magazine, as if she was embarrassed by the encounter. At least I know now where I will not be doing business. But still, a great price for a Mk25.

rabidsquirrel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 29, 2014
    North Webster
    I bought a pistol a while back during the panic. It was an SR9C, compact double stack and came with 2 mags, a ten and a 17. I had been in earlier that morning to fondle it and make sure of what I was getting. Came back with the cash, bought it, took it home to find they had switched out the 17 round mag for another ten! Took it straight back and informed them of the "mix up." There was some grumbling and one employee tried to tell me that many came with 2 ten rounders for states.like Cali. I explained that I had just been in and was clear about what I was buying, low and behold, but what do I see on the counter in front of me but 2- 17 round mags for my model of pistol, just lying there! They traded me, and I got my 17 round mag, but I haven't been back.
    Were they trying to pull a fast one on me? Don't know for sure, but that was certainly the vibe I walked away with.

A 10 round and 17 round magazine in the same case certainly doesn't sound right.

TheDoaner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    Southern IN
    From what I've seen from behind the counter, the most common cause of this kind of thing is employees helping customers find out if the mag to one model fits in another model and forgetting to put things back where they belong. However, Sig Sauer manufactures many of the same model handgun and packages them with subtle differences in options and accessories but this is always indicated by a different UPC code. If a customer selects a Sig on display, I always match the UPC with one in backstock and have them visually confirm everything is the same. We normally have stacks of the same model of Sig but some are packaged with one, two or three mags. Some have lasers, lights, extra goodies, etc. So I don't know what store you visited or if they have a vault full of breeding Sigs with slight genetic differences but if you had the same thing happen with a Glock I'd say the store goofed. With a Sig, other possibilities exist. Les Baer, now that man can package a gun. Oiled up, wrapped in butcher paper, placed in a plastic bag, inside a cardboard box. Simple.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    This is becoming more and more common over the last couple of years. Especially with used guns. Getting to be very common to find a gun for sale with one mag. Didn't used to be that way.

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A 10 round and 17 round magazine in the same case certainly doesn't sound right.
    ....to some...I guess....:dunno:

Its a compact gun so the magazine for concealed carry is 10 rounds and flush with the grip. The 17 round magazine requires a grip extension so that the grip becomes a standard service pistol length and capacity.
    :yesway:

dwain

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Along the Wabash
    I think a few years back , Glock wanted dealers reported to them, who did this. They were going to quit selling guns to dealers who did this. I might be wrong but I think this is right.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    This is becoming more and more common over the last couple of years. Especially with used guns. Getting to be very common to find a gun for sale with one mag. Didn't used to be that way.

Yep! I have noticed this myself. As far as shops "pocketing" extra mags, to sell on gunbroker at inflated prices, you bet.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hopefully this is the spot to post this, I'm new to the forums so go easy on me. To make a short story even shorter...

There is a gun store in my area that has recently opened (I'll leave it unnamed for now), so naturally I stopped in a couple weeks ago. They had a sig sauer mk 25 behind the counter marked at $850. I asked to take a look at the gun and asked how many magazines were included. The lady helping me went into the back and brought out the case. There were 2 magazines included. She and I both visually confirmed this. Trying to mask my excitement over a seemingly great deal I rushed home to negotiate with my wife. She gave in, and thus I returned the next day with cash in hand. They brought out the case again and were about to pack the gun in it. Astutely, I noticed there was now only one magazine with the gun. I asked promptly what happened to the other magazine.

"What magazine?" was the response (same lady I had spoken with the day before). I very politely reminded her that I was in the day before and she had showed me the extra magazine in the case, blah, blah, blah. "You must be mistaken, Sig Sauer only ships guns with one magazine" was the next comment. Blown away by this outright lie, I promptly walked out the door.

Is it common practice for gun stores to pocket extra magazines? Am I missing something?

Not guns stores...people. If you had not "Pointed this out to her the mag would have still been there. Most likely came up in conversation and one of the clerks has a Sig and now has an extra mag.
    Or the mag went back into the box it should have been in.

Top Bottom