Gun store in Bloomington. I put deposit on a gun and was sold back to orignal owner

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    don't for get about Cosner's in Bedford......he can be high on some but he has a bunch of guns

i use Ken Wagner in Lawrence Hollow for transfers he is a great guy

Cosner's Gun & Knife Shop​

2234 37th St, Bedford IN, 47421​

Win52C

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    I usually keep my opinions to myself but in this case I feel obligated to speak up.

For starters one of the owners of American Arms brother has/had Panther Ridge range on their dads farm out in Owen county just to connect the dots for some. That’s worthy of a whole other thread full of weirdness. But I digress, back on topic.

American Arms is well known in the local long term gun community for blantant attitude/arrogance by the owner, ignorance on most firearm subjects,that they try to cover with bravado and talk about the glory days of former military service, horrible customer service, high prices and gouging at every opportunity. It seems a lot of their clientele are Bloomington gun newbies that don’t know any better, who get a good screwing. Pure speculation on my part on where the unfortunates who buy there come from.

They are also supposedly the ones building an indoor range somewhere in Lawrence County, for the like 3 years, on borrowed money, trying to sell memberships, according to their Facebook page. If you want a taste of these dudes. Go check out their videos. Cringeworthy

I think they will have a hard road on that new range. If it ever opens. Considering there are TONS of FFLs in the county, existing county and state police shooting ranges, several organized public ranges and virtually every landowner of any size has their own private shooting range. Their shenanigans in Bloomington and their attitude will not play well out in the real country, not the Monroe county fringe area. If they ever get the place built, I for one will not set foot in it. Ok ok. Maybe once just to see how ridiculous the prices are!

My 2 cents.

Last edited:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I usually keep my opinions to myself but in this case I feel obligated to speak up.

For starters one of the owners of American Arms brother has/had Panther Ridge range on their dads farm out in Owen county just to connect the dots for some. That’s worthy of a whole other thread full of weirdness. But I digress, back on topic.

American Arms is well known in the local long term gun community for blantant attitude/arrogance by the owner, ignorance on most firearm subjects, that they try to cover with bravado and talk about the glory days of former military service, horrible customer service, high prices and gouging at every opportunity. It seems a lot of their clientele are Bloomington gun newbies that don’t know any better, who get a good screwing. Pure speculation on my part on where the unfortunates who buy there come from.

They are also supposedly the ones building an indoor range somewhere in Lawrence County, for the like 3 years, on borrowed money, trying to sell memberships, according to their Facebook page. If you want a taste of these dudes. Go check out their videos. Yikes.

I think they will have a hard road on that new range. If it ever opens. Considering there are TONS of FFLs in the county, existing county and state police shooting ranges, several organized public ranges and virtually every landowner of any size has their own private shooting range. Their shenanigans in Bloomington sand their attitude will not play well out in the real country, not the Monroe county fringe area. If they ever get the place built, I for one will not set foot in it. Ok ok. Maybe once just to see how ridiculous the prices are!

My 2 cents.
    This is vindicating to read.

Yeah I heard the new range story, too. Pipe dream. Got the complaints and attitude about transfers, too, as if it's so hard being a government mandated middleman.

Plenty of FFLs in the world. You learn the hard way that you're not special.

Win52C

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    This is vindicating to read.

Yeah I heard the new range story, too. Pipe dream. Got the complaints and attitude about transfers, too, as if it's so hard being a government mandated middleman.

Plenty of FFLs in the world. You learn the hard way that you're not special.
    I think they really are building it. Only question is how long it lasts.

kjdoski

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Bloomington, IN
    Thank you. I dont know who the cheapest transfers are around but Gold and Pawn in Ellettsville has been good to me. Calls me right away when stuff came in and the people are friendly and chat me up about whatever came in, let me know about cool stuff coming out of pawn, etc
    Gene at CF Ventures does $15 transfers. He's older, and does things the old fashioned way, so if you want to work with him you need to call and arrange everything in advance. Having said that, he's been at this for over 50 years, so I gladly put up with old fashioned.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I think the o.p.should go back in, in person, and calmly lodge a formal complaint about the treatment received in this deal, and then calmly walk out.
    This should be followed immediately by 12-15 Ingo members, one at a time, walking in and explaining why they will never spend a dime in American Arms and walking out...next...

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    I'm a very understanding kinda guy, but I think your getting screwed on oh so many levels and this is one of the few times a lawyer needs to get involved.

There is a sales contract in place between the agent (seller / sellers representative) and you the buyer, who has in good faith of delivery of goods.

There is also a sales contract between the representative and the owner.

These are binding contracts that unless stated in writing can only be terminated with mutual consent.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    All this reminds me of when I moved to Indiana 4 years ago.

I found a place in Brownsburg (apt) that I was going to move to. After going back and forth for almost 4 months their manager said they had a place and all the paperwork was good and sent me an email confirming that. In the email it had my move in date and all the particulars for move in day. It gave me my new address info so I could start the process; the heading on the email said "welcome home".

Finally finding a place I decided my next step was to break my lease where I was staying; which was $2500, then turn in my resignation at work. I did both on a Friday, about 30 days before my move in date for the new place.

The following Tuesday I received a phone call from the property manager that I could not move because the previous renters decided not to move! They did not have a place....this was after I resigned my job and paid to break my lease!

I was hot, very hot. Spoke to many people that just passed me from one to another with their "so sorry".

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    I think the o.p.should go back in, in person, and calmly lodge a formal complaint about the treatment received in this deal, and then calmly walk out.
    This should be followed immediately by 12-15 Ingo members, one at a time, walking in and explaining why they will never spend a dime in American Arms and walking out...next...
    Though I've considered something similar, I'm not antagonistic these days. Apparently this place has a history of escalation as well. I guess I was the only gun person in the area that hadn't heard how they were.
    I also started going there as a recommendation from a friend. A friend that not only have I told then how crappy this was but going to not pay attention to his recommendations in the future. I got my money back, just was a hassle I shouldn't have had to endure.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    I'm a very understanding kinda guy, but I think your getting screwed on oh so many levels and this is one of the few times a lawyer needs to get involved.

There is a sales contract in place between the agent (seller / sellers representative) and you the buyer, who has in good faith of delivery of goods.

There is also a sales contract between the representative and the owner.

These are binding contracts that unless stated in writing can only be terminated with mutual consent.
    Though I know a "good" lawyer and have paperwork I dont see it as positive outcome. I'll just spend my money elsewhere, and not to "boast" but I'm not a light spender on firearms stuff. Also telling everyone I know that they're trash as well.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    All this reminds me of when I moved to Indiana 4 years ago.

I found a place in Brownsburg (apt) that I was going to move to. After going back and forth for almost 4 months their manager said they had a place and all the paperwork was good and sent me an email confirming that. In the email it had my move in date and all the particulars for move in day. It gave me my new address info so I could start the process; the heading on the email said "welcome home".

Finally finding a place I decided my next step was to break my lease where I was staying; which was $2500, then turn in my resignation at work. I did both on a Friday, about 30 days before my move in date for the new place.

The following Tuesday I received a phone call from the property manager that I could not move because the previous renters decided not to move! They did not have a place....this was after I resigned my job and paid to break my lease!

I was hot, very hot. Spoke to many people that just passed me from one to another with their "so sorry".
    That's 1000x worse than mine. That sounds down right criminal. Dont know about brownsburg but around here apartments rarely open up and would have been impossible to find another.

Top Bottom