• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I liked the fact that they had a large area for people to sit and watch those on the range. That's nice for when the significant other comes to shoot and wants to end her range time early, but I want to keep shooting, or just a nice relaxing area to wait for a lane to free up. We'll have to get an INGO group shoot setup for sometime after the Grand Opening, to really break the place in :)

Peter McM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    I hadn't heard an update in quite some time; did a search and so happens they open this weekend?! Talk about no fanfare--anyway, I'll have to check the place out this week sometime.

Just checked their Facebook page; last post was back in November.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    I hadn't heard an update in quite some time; did a search and so happens they open this weekend?! Talk about no fanfare--....

This thread has been active for quite awhile. Check previous posts - this is a "soft opening" for reasons that are listed in the various posts, so I'm not going to repeat them.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I went with WTburnette yesterday and the range is very very nice.
    I thought their prices were inline with most other gun shops and reasonable for being in Carmel.
    Extremely nice building and show room.

If you want Remington .22 Thunderbolt 500 packs (not golden bullets). They have probably a million+ rounds in a huge stack for $29.99/500
    Largest stack of .22 I've ever seen.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    I went with WTburnette yesterday and the range is very very nice.
    I thought their prices were inline with most other gun shops and reasonable for being in Carmel.
    Extremely nice building and show room.

If you want Remington .22 Thunderbolt 500 packs (not golden bullets). They have probably a million+ rounds in a huge stack for $29.99/500
    Largest stack of .22 I've ever seen.

What he said ^^^.

I stopped by this morning - was the only customer there a little after 10am. Nice selection, especially for handguns. Friendly folks - I hope this continues after they've been open awhile. Lots of all kinds of ammo. Probably more .22 in stock than I've seen everywhere I've been in the last two years combined. Hopefully, they can keep it in stock.

Well worth a visit.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Well, I need to function check my 7.62x39 AR upper again, so maybe I'll stop by today and check them out. Definitely a shorter drive for me than heading out to Parabellum or out to Linden.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Bought some mini-mags and a mag for my 22/45. Prices are pretty much in line and they have a lot of ammo. It was nice seeing shelving straining to hold it all. VERY friendly bunch of guys. I'll be going back.

Bob

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Well, I need to function check my 7.62x39 AR upper again, so maybe I'll stop by today and check them out. Definitely a shorter drive for me than heading out to Parabellum or out to Linden.

Nice range and friendly staff, plus I picked up 3 bricks of .22 Thunderbolt. They had a good stock of ammunition and firearms.

That all being said, they don't allow full auto fire and that is generally a deal breaker for me. So, I may go back occasionally, but it won't be my go to, unless that rule changes.

magus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Central IN
    Wife and I went today and had a great time. I got to try out an FN Five-seveN pistol today. Neat little bugger, but the ammo costs will kill you.

The showroom is expansive and well stocked with all kinds of goodies. Pricing was good-to-standard for the area, but I wasn't doing a detailed analysis. I saw at least two classrooms, one of which that was quite large. They have a nice viewing area for the range with some nice seats to kick back in. My lovely wife availed herself of them whilst I kept getting distracted by conversation and shiny things.

So onto the range; wow. What a facility they have there! First off there is a double-airlock system to enter the range with plenty of room to haul gear through. This is a big win in my book. I hate being outside a range with no earpro on and someone lights off a AR-pistol when both doors are open. Kudos to the designer for not only providing the double-locking system, but the space inside to use them effectivly.

It's very well lit both behind and through the lanes. The stalls are fairly deep with a solid wall covered acoustic/ballistic rubber matting nearest the lane. About halfway back it transitions to clear lexan or ballistic glass for the wall. This gives the stalls a much more open feel to them and allows you to see what others are doing. Definitely makes it feel less isolating than the standard range stall. The frames are constructed with heavy gauge square tubing and has a very solid feel to the structure.

The backstop looks to be the rubber block variety, probably steel-backed underneath. I did not see any sparking as I was shooting. The air system is very nice indeed, so nice you hardly notice it's presence.

The target trolleys have the cardboard holder you clip a target to, but you may need to shorten the main stem a lot if you are a taller person. I was going to be shooting the ground if I aimed at the bottom row of targets on my sheet @ 7 yards. They move the targets quickly with a simple forward and back lever-switch. It will come back a surprising amount into the stall, so don't lean forward any or you might hit yourself in the noodle like I nearly did. :): Also they don't brake quickly when you let off, so I had to feather the reverse a bit as I brought it back to avoid ramming into the stop faster than I'd like.

Range fees are a bit on the higher side with handgun running $14/0.5hr $21/1hr and rifle $17/0.5hr $24/1hr. Additional shooters add $6 to the total, with a max of 2 people on a lane. So it ends up being $30/hr for rifle with a guest. Again, very high-end range so higher fees are not unexpected.

They have an all-access pass membership at ~$60/month (year commitment) including free range time at all PB ranges, free guest, free rentals(with ammo purchase ofc.), ability to schedule range time, and a 5% non-firearms discount. There is also a lower-tier pass that just covers range time at $35/month (year commitment).

Do note that these passes are only good for the pictured person. Spouses cannot use it without the holder present. Our schedules are often not terribly compatible so we shoot solo on a fairly regular basis. We had discussed the $60 as even though a lot of money it does have some nice bennies at a very nice facility. This makes me sad; $120 is just too much to lay out for the both of us.

We had a good time and will return.

Last edited:

magus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Central IN
    That all being said, they don't allow full auto fire and that is generally a deal breaker for me. So, I may go back occasionally, but it won't be my go to, unless that rule changes.

I think I was told auto was permissable, only rapid-firing semi-auto was disallowed. I could have heard, or be remembering, incorrectly though. I've seen me do it before.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I think I was told auto was permissable, only rapid-firing semi-auto was disallowed. I could have heard, or be remembering, incorrectly though. I've seen me do it before.

^ I have an email saying FA is allowed.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Yeah, I have been PMed letting me know that full auto is indeed allowed. I'm glad to hear it and it definitely puts them back on the list for me (like I said, everything else was great).

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I was working today from 12 to close. It was great to see so many ingoers walk through the doors. Darn near everyone I talked to today is on here. I'm glad to see so many positive reviews and look forward to meeting many more of the fine folks of ingo.

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    Yep, I was there today,, got in just a little before closing, just to look around, walked out with some 22 LR ammo. Gonna make it back to get some range time, and shoot some of that 22!!!

gundoc111

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2014
    Indy
    I hit them at 10 a.m. Monday. I live 200 yards as the crow flies away from them. Nice shop. Clean, modern, well stocked, friendly staff, BUT I shoot way too often, twice a week, to be a regular. As Active military I shoot at Tim's unlimited for a year for $200 as opposed to $680. What would you do?

If you are a few times a year shooter go for it, but serious shooters can't afford the price. Sorry.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    If you took the job then you should work hard and be friendly. The hourly pay was disclosed to every employee before they were hired. If $9 /hr does not cut it for you then do not fill out the application. Simply move on to one of those higher paying jobs you have heard so much about.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    As Active military I shoot at Tim's unlimited for a year for $200 as opposed to $680. What would you do?

If you are a few times a year shooter go for it, but serious shooters can't afford the price. Sorry.

How much is it to shoot at Tim's unlimited if you are not active military but still a serious shooter?

Top Bottom