• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    The chart is kinda wonky and suspect, but accepting it for what it is, I'd say Brazil at 3rd surprises me a bit. I notice Greenland has N/A for "registered firearms" but still calculates it per/100 citizens; not quite sure how one calculates guns/per without a number for the guns.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

More statistics and looking good for firearm ownership in the United States.

This might be why Biden handlers and the ATF are trying to infringe on ownership.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It struck me as odd that Switzerland's numbers were so high so I looked it up. They apparently live by "armed neutrality", and feel its their duty to be able to protect their homeland. Pretty cool IMO, since they haven't seen armed conflict in over 200 years
    They have guns, but they do have pretty restrictive laws. We have guns for fun and guns for personal defense, they have guns for national defense.

Can someone explain, "Global Civilian Firearm Rates & Gun Deaths"? How is the ranking determined? The US is not exactly in good company with those deaths by gun per capita. But, die by gun, or die by hammer, you're still dead.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The chart is kinda wonky and suspect, but accepting it for what it is, I'd say Brazil at 3rd surprises me a bit. I notice Greenland has N/A for "registered firearms" but still calculates it per/100 citizens; not quite sure how one calculates guns/per without a number for the guns.
    They claim that the USA has 400 million guns but then use NFA firearms to calculate numbers in the state.

Texas, 1 million? Just in Dallas, without Fort Worth, right? There are over 1 million firearms in the Hill Country based on my ramblings.

Indiana is completely absurd, 157K? 157,000 in the entire state of Indiana. 157K is light for mid-tier Tippecanoe County. I don't want to attempt to guess at a county like Hamilton (higher SES and more disposable income) or Morgan (where guns are issued in schools or Boy Scouts or something).

They are counting DDs, MGs, suppressors, SBRs and SBSs for some reason for state ownership but give an estimate of 400 million.

Someone add these up please: https://www.statista.com/statistics/215655/number-of-registered-weapons-in-the-us-by-state/

It does not equal 400 million. Someone does not want to admit how hopeless regulation is.

I was struck how there was no mention of the growing DIY manufacturing movement and the enormous advancements since 2013 making regulation completely impossible as a concept.

BTW, look at those on the FEBA of 3-D printed guns. Look at how young they are. They will be active for decades. Just imagine how far they will advance the ball and how Gen Alpha will take it, lol. Gun control is a delusion.

Last edited:

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    I applaud the effort, but they should have gotten a different staffer to compile or present the info. Even if you want to use statistics to be dishonest, you still need to make sense and be consistent. It didn't take to long for credibility to crumble, and I wanted this to be good info.

Example: According to this, WY has 245.8 firearms per person, and 578,803 people. That's 142,269,777 guns. About 61% of residents own a firearm, so that's 403 per gun owner. By itself, this just isn't believable.

They state "It is estimated that Texas has more guns than any other state, with 1,005,555 guns and just over 29 million residents" Just using that one statement, you get something like 0.034 per capita (population/guns ???). Then they list that TX has 21.7 guns per capita (640M guns?).

It's too early in the morning for me to do math, so maybe I really misunderstood their #'s, but I'm betting they still won't work right after some more coffee.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy
    I applaud the effort, but they should have gotten a different staffer to compile or present the info. Even if you want to use statistics to be dishonest, you still need to make sense and be consistent. It didn't take to long for credibility to crumble, and I wanted this to be good info.

Example: According to this, WY has 245.8 firearms per person, and 578,803 people. That's 142,269,777 guns. About 61% of residents own a firearm, so that's 403 per gun owner. By itself, this just isn't believable.

They state "It is estimated that Texas has more guns than any other state, with 1,005,555 guns and just over 29 million residents" Just using that one statement, you get something like 0.034 per capita (population/guns ???). Then they list that TX has 21.7 guns per capita (640M guns?).

It's too early in the morning for me to do math, so maybe I really misunderstood their #'s, but I'm betting they still won't work right after some more coffee.

The fact is the numbers don't have to work, they just need to sound impressive (alarming) to the uneducated

Top Bottom