• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dave6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Lawrence
    Well my wife says "Why do you need another GUN"?!?
    "You only have TWO hands"

My reply, "you only have two feet, so why do you have a hundred shoes??"

Seriously, if you have a spouse to appeases, feel free to use my line: HER: "What is that???" (while looking at an obvious gun box). ME: "It followed me home. Can I keep it??"

Megasaki

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 1, 2020
    Bloomington
    If someone were to ask me that in person, i would want to know if they work for the fbi, cia, kgb etc. Why would you want to know?
    Most gun owners know not to ask each other that question unless they have been friends for awhile.

just say'n

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I only own 2 firearms. A Walther pk380 which I'm trying to trade for a pocket pistol, and a 380 shield ez. I can't get myself to sell the Walther, but just to trade it. I see myself buying more guns in the future. Do I really need more guns? How many do you have?
    The common answer is ALWAYS "Just one more..."

cath8r

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    MILTON
    One time on an episode of "Cops," the police went into this guy's house and were looking around. He had quite a few guns, mostly on racks on the walls. Anyway, one of the police said, "You sure have a lot of guns." And that guy said, "So what?"

That has stuck with me for many years. The guy with the guns could not have said anything more appropriate. I'm not sure if this comment fits the thread very well but it's kind of how I feel about gun ownership myself. While you have the freedom to do so, I suggest getting whatever your budget allows. I personally exceeded my budget and I'm in debt now, and wish I had bought more ammo before all of this covid and Biden binge buying screwed everything up. It's not hoarding, it's your right as an American to arm yourself and whether you have a single good gun or a freaking vault full, at least you have something. I don't recommend going into debt (and hope my wife doesn't figure it out), but just be able to defend yourself and your family. Now is probably the worst time to start a collection but it probably won't get any better any time soon, so I don't know. The election results right now look bleak; it's only going to get worse if Biden wins.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Your absolutely right, I do need something larger caliber for home defense. That's why I am considering the shield 45. I really like my shield 380, so I may stick with the same brand that I'm good shooting with.

Going from 380 to 45 in a compact is a big change.
    ThereÂ’s the 9mm shield 2.0 or EZ was pretty impressive.
    My recommended for 45acp is to start with single stack full size. Just my opinion.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Are you familiar with the five guns everyone needs?

1.AR15/AK
    2. Semi-auto handgun
    3. Shotgun
    4. .22 rifle
    5. Hunting rifle in .308,30-06,etc.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

1.AR15/AK
    2. Semi-auto handgun
    3. Shotgun
    4. .22 rifle

Could skip the hunting rifle if you don't hunt. I personally don't have much use for one.
    I have on old Marlin 336 30-30 and a surplus Mosin, but don't really need them.

An AK is ballistically on par with 30-30 and will take deer handily with good soft points.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    You shouldn't feel stupid. It's a valid question.

Some of us go a little crazy with it sometimes. As long as you're handling everything else well from a financial standpoint, it's not a problem.

The first, most basic need that should be fulfilled is a solid self-defense gun. This is generally a handgun. Then you should acquire a home defense gun. This could also double as a hunting arm.

Then you need training guns like .22s for new shooters, fun guns that are just weird and cool, historic arms, multiples of guns you already own because 2 is 1 and 1 is none, guns that you bought and you don't even know why, BB guns that resemble guns you already own, optics, lights, bipods, body armor, night vision, tactical clothes, massive amounts of ammunition and magazines, freeze-dried food, water purifiers, medical gear from first aid kits to surgical instruments and medical textbooks, chocolate bars, women's hosiery, lead-lined suits, chemical protective gear, underground shelter capable of withstanding nuclear attack, and board games to pass the time. Oh, and lots and lots of booze.

I wouldn't consider owning a few firearms and accessories as "hoarding", as long as you're not busting your budget to do so.

You forgot the soccer mom harem.

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central
    so when you say everyone that should mean 5 for me, 5 for my wife, 5 for the kids.. so 20 is the bare minimum.
    sounds reasonable

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    For the people that worry so much about whether some of us have been hoarding guns and ammo. I have also been buying extra mags when I can. I have accelerated buying mags for ARs and AKs. Since I am sure that the people that complain about hoarding of guns and ammo are not stocking up on mags right now, be ready. When the mags disappear you can start complaining about that next. Or, here's a thought, buy the mags you need and want now and skip the *****ing later.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    For the people that worry so much about whether some of us have been hoarding guns and ammo. I have also been buying extra mags when I can. I have accelerated buying mags for ARs and AKs. Since I am sure that the people that complain about hoarding of guns and ammo are not stocking up on mags right now, be ready. When the mags disappear you can start complaining about that next. Or, here's a thought, buy the mags you need and want now and skip the *****ing later.

I just bought some 10 round AR mags...just in case...

jwestks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    leoti
    My family has no idea how many guns are stored in the house. I figure it's none of there concern. They know if want to go shooting to ask me and we will go to the range.

Dan35

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 21, 2013
    NE Indy
    How many?????????

I only own 2 firearms. A Walther pk380 which I'm trying to trade for a pocket pistol, and a 380 shield ez. I can't get myself to sell the Walther, but just to trade it. I see myself buying more guns in the future. Do I really need more guns? How many do you have?

Mine are all in the safe right now. I have a Fanner Fifty, a Stallion 45, an original Red Ryder, 2 Hydro Blasters, a really nice cross bow, and several others. I'm going to pull all of them out and shoot them one day, as soon as I remember the combination number.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

1.AR15/AK
    2. Semi-auto handgun
    3. Shotgun
    4. .22 rifle

Hunting rifle isn't necessary, a shotgun will do that job just fine.

Now take that list and multiply it per member of your household, 25-50 magazines per firearm at least, and a few thousand rounds of USEFUL ammo for each firearm. Then you have what I'd consider a reasonable amount of firearms for a household.

I just bought some 10 round AR mags...just in case...

There will not be an outcome legislatively that will make that make any sense.
    If anything happens you're a felon for possessing the firearm those magazines could be put in, which will demonstrate intent.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    My MK4 is still bone stock, I can resist the temptation lol

I kinda wish I had left my 10/22 factory. I sent the trigger group to Brimstone and they messed it up. I will replace it with a factory one, once I find one at a good price. Then it will be back to factory stock.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I kinda wish I had left my 10/22 factory. I sent the trigger group to Brimstone and they messed it up. I will replace it with a factory one, once I find one at a good price. Then it will be back to factory stock.

I really don't mind the trigger , though I am seriously considering removing the mag disconnect and adding a 507 to it eventually with a can.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    My family has no idea how many guns are stored in the house. I figure it's none of there concern. They know if want to go shooting to ask me and we will go to the range.

Personally I think that's the wrong approach. Unless of course someone cant be trusted with them

My wife and daughter know where every weapon in the house are, and they know how to use them

Top Bottom