• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indydrew

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Without fail, the transactions I have conducted with INGO'ers have been positive experiences.

Every person I have met in FTF transactions are people I would probably enjoy hanging out with if they lived closer to me - for whatever reason my transactions always seem to involve driving an hour away... :-)

I've had zero "flakeouts" and feel pretty safe buying and selling here...

-Drew

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Only one bad experience. I committed to buying a pistol at the sellers posted price and was just working out the meeting details. We had agreed to meet at one of the past 1500's but I never got a response to my confirming e-mail. Then after about a week (or more) he finally responded and said it was on consignment and the guy came back and picked it up. An immediate PM would have been nice instead of trying to chase him down about it. Also, he should have just told his customer it was sold.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I have made a couple of transactions here. All went pretty smooth. I don't really care about/follow feedback here though. I'm not here for transactions as much as I am to learn and help others.

I don't put a lot of weight on "back outs" though, because there's two sides to every story and sometimes circumstances which are simple mistakes or out of our control. So, I'm accepting of that and give people the benefit of the doubt. No reason to get panties in a bunch over it.

I did have to actually "back out" (if that's what it would be described as) because seller wasn't willing to meet half way and neglected to put that in their OP. The only other time I had to back out was an impulse offer on an item I wanted at a good price, but after not having heard back from the seller for a couple hours which allowed me time to discuss with the wifey she reminded me of her upcoming medical bills the following week. Hence, I was forced to tell the seller I couldn't take it at that time after I already told him I wanted it. I felt bad about that, but I have to live with my wife not the seller, LOL.

Both situations are no big deal really. Just honest mistakes that anyone could and has made at some point. What I don't like is when people feel that they are above such mistakes and get their panties in such a bunch about little things like these that they have to post rants, leave negative feedback, etc. Hasn't happened to me, but have seen it happen.

Some people simply have too much time on their hands.:twocents:

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I have run into flake outs on armslist but not here.

I did run into one freak out where a guy thought that saying "I'll take it" today then telling me in private I had to wait a week for him to close gave him precedence over a guy who pm'd me and told me he was ready to close today. Since then I've specified that precedence goes to the first person who can deliver cash in hand.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    How prevalent is it on this site for people to flake out on gun deals? I know I have heard a couple stories from other people and dealt first hand with a few. I dont have time or patience for idiots and people wasting my time. Rant off.

ALL Good but 1 Seller who Flaked Out on me :noway: No Harm or Lasting Damage. If I'm Reading this correctly, the Seller advertised for X then when 3 or so wanted to Buy, he suddenly wanted $ 150 More. I'd Run from that Guy and his Deal :xmad:

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    ALL Good but 1 Seller who Flaked Out on me :noway: No Harm or Lasting Damage. If I'm Reading this correctly, the Seller advertised for X then when 3 or so wanted to Buy, he suddenly wanted $ 150 More. I'd Run from that Guy and his Deal :xmad:

From what I can tell you are correct in your assumption. If it is true the seller needs to man up, grow a pair and do the right thing. I have underpriced or incorrectly priced items before and that's just how it goes. Live and learn.

Chapparal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 16, 2011
    B'town
    Yep, quick look seems to point in the direction of seller raising asking price after agreeing to a deal. If you price under market you "should" sell fast. If you really price under market..... Either way, you eat the difference. Fast, easy sale is what you exchange on pricing under market.

This is how you build negative reputation and cause future buyers/sellers to avoid you or always low ball you in anticipation of you backing out.

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have had four people flake out a combined total of six or seven times and have successfully completed maybe 40 deals? I am really not sure exactly how many guns I've bought and sold, but between that and other stuff I have dealt with a lot of people on this site. Mostly they involve the other party abruptly cutting off the PMs, so no real harm in the sense of me driving somewhere only to be stood up, etc. In two cases I've had repeat offenders, and those have been added to my personal "no deal" list.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've had great dealings here. Only about 20 or so (including before we have the current rating system).

I feel bad for guys that get the dirty end of the stick in a deal and note it on the scumbag's rating only to be dinged back by the scumbag for the critique. But reading into a situation pretty much indicates who is at fault. So a blemished rating is not always justified, but the rating system works well in the regard that it provides us with a tool to research a little.

I wouldn't do a CL, HT, or AL deal unless I was desperate. Very very desperate.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I've only had a couple guys back out but they gave me fair warning. I've had a couple guys tell me their items were "Like new" but were not and I could have backed out but I completed the deal anyway. I just won't deal with them again. I try to be as accurate and fair as possible but sometimes things don't go as planned and I'll admit to my mistakes. For the most part INGO is a good place to deal and I don't deal on any other forums.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I've only had a couple guys back out but they gave me fair warning. I've had a couple guys tell me their items were "Like new" but were not and I could have backed out but I completed the deal anyway. I just won't deal with them again. I try to be as accurate and fair as possible but sometimes things don't go as planned and I'll admit to my mistakes. For the most part INGO is a good place to deal and I don't deal on any other forums.

I bought an upper that was described as "like new" with scratches all over it, and on top of that found out that he built it himself. And was not all factory as he had described it. It did run. I too completed the deal, and left good feedback. I will deal with this person again, I will just ask more questions. He never posts pics of his items, so all I had to base it off of was his description. I try to be as accurate as possible myself, that way the buyer knows what he is getting.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I bought an upper that was described as "like new" with scratches all over it, and on top of that found out that he built it himself. And was not all factory as he had described it. It did run. I too completed the deal, and left good feedback. I will deal with this person again, I will just ask more questions. He never posts pics of his items, so all I had to base it off of was his description. I try to be as accurate as possible myself, that way the buyer knows what he is getting.

I hear ya. I did a multi gun trade with a guy and one of the items was a 10/22 that he said he had spray painted the stock flat black but the rest was nice. I just looked at it non nonchalantly b/c it was the cheapest item we were dealing on and we were in a parking lot at the time. Once I got home and looked at it more closely I found that the whole thing had been spray painted and the guts were pretty grungy and rusty. When I asked him about it he said "Oh I just got it and was going by what the PO told me". He's not around here anymore (Banned) so no worries. Ive seen a lot of stuff you advertise that I have been interested in but at the time I'm either broke or don't have what you want in trade. Anyways........ INGO is usually pretty safe place to trade IMHO.

Rooster Cogburn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    MSG2 - Indianapolis
    Isn't this apart of free enterprise? I mean really folks, people back out on deals all the time whether its at a store or here on INGO. How many of you have been to a store and questioned the salesperson trying to "get the best deal" or "acted" interested? It's apart of selling and buying.

Myself, never backed out on a deal here on INGO. But I'm pretty sure the AT&T salesperson just last week is disappointed I didn't come back and buy that phone and package deal. Just sayin'...

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Isn't this apart of free enterprise? I mean really folks, people back out on deals all the time whether its at a store or here on INGO. How many of you have been to a store and questioned the salesperson trying to "get the best deal" or "acted" interested? It's apart of selling and buying.

Myself, never backed out on a deal here on INGO. But I'm pretty sure the AT&T salesperson just last week is disappointed I didn't come back and buy that phone and package deal. Just sayin'...

Yeah but when you set a price for something and an individual agrees to pay that price don't you feel that the seller is somehow obligated???
    To me it's a question of honor.

Top Bottom