• billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Wow-just-Wow..

You can see by my feedback (30 or so) that I've done my fair share of deals here. I've only been burned by one person, and unfortunately twice by that one person.

I'd recommend not dealing with this guy:
    INGunOwners - View Profile: mag556

^^^WOW==Less than 65% TraderRating=THIS little GEM has been busy screwing people.

Someone who you would NOT want to buy a Used Car from???...Bill.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    ^^^WOW==Less than 65% TraderRating=THIS little GEM has been busy screwing people.

Someone who you would NOT want to buy a Used Car from???...Bill.

Yea it seems to me that a guy with that kind of history should get the ban hammer.:twocents:

Some people use this website for monatary gain and nothing else

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    Honestly in my experience with him, I'm not convinced he's intentionally scamming people. I think he just commits to things and changes his mind, and his communication skills are terrible.

It just shows a serious lack of respect for other people and their time.

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    In the 15-20 deals I have had with the old rating system and the couple with the new ITrader system, never had a bad deal. Everyone I have meet with has been honest about their product.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Early on I had a bad deal on a rifle. Bought it, brought it home and found out it wouldn't cycle. Seller said all kinds of things like I must be doing something wrong, or was just plan stupid. Turns out he changed the buffer and spring out, but never fired it after. I replaced those after a lot of head scratching. We have since mended fences, but if he had something else to sell I would really need to test it out first.

Had one guy sell me a revolver in good condition that looked like it had been dragged behind his car before the deal. I bought it at a discounted price and wish that I hadn't because of the misleading that took place.

Lastly I had a guy who was selling some ammo. We agreed on a half way point to meet up. He couldn't do it for two days. I finally got a hold of him while I was on the interstate headed his way to find out he sold it the day before.

With that being said tho, I have had a lot of really good dealings with people on here. I think a couple of them were full of it, but the deal went as described nonetheless.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    179   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I have only had 3 sellers flake, 1 was understandable don't remember the reason but no big deal. The other 2 were just flakes, I IGNORE their ads now. If memory serves me correctly one of them used to have a -rep before the feedback system, I understand why.

There are far more "citizens" on this site than scabs.

Clarify any questions that can be answered before hand, don't "assume". Good communication typically makes for a happy transaction.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Only had 4 deals on INGO, my next to last one was with the OP. I had sellers remorse.... I wish I'd asked for more as much interest and offers I got. I even got a better offer than what I sold it for after I'd agreed to sell it to the OP and still met with the OP because I'd made the deal with him. But when you agree to a deal, you give them your word.

All 4 of my transactions have been great. I can't complain.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Communication, etc.

Communication is the key but you have to mix in some honesty and common consideration. I've never had anybody just bail out on an agreed-upon deal but I have had a couple of guys send PMs saying they were interested but they needed to get some money together, get a kitchen pass, or some other issue, then never heard from them. Everybody may have issues from time-to-time but, if you're not going to be a buyer, have the decency to let the seller know ASAP. I've been left hanging a couple of times. I always felt an obligation to the first responder to my ad but I shouldn't have to chase him down a week or two later while other potential buyers are chomping at the bit. If you're a buyer, buy. If you're not, say so. Playing games is for children.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    In fact, my persistance paid off on the last deal. The original buyer beat me to the punch by 15 minutes, then failed to come through and meet the seller. His loss = my gain and I'm happy about it.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    its okay buddy dont be mad..he sold it to someone else so i dont know why you are crying about if you wanted it badly enough maybe you should have offered him more then he was asking..

You do realize you broke the rules by participating in the classifieds without 50 posts, right? Maybe that's one of the reasons you're the bad guy here. What did you do, see lots of people were getting in line for it so you offered more than everyone else? Nice ethics. :rolleyes:

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    You do realize you broke the rules by participating in the classifieds without 50 posts, right? Maybe that's one of the reasons you're the bad guy here. What did you do, see lots of people were getting in line for it so you offered more than everyone else? Nice ethics. :rolleyes:

Well, with the ricer-tag "alloutjdm" I'd expect nothing else. Sorry... I deal with ricer fanbois all day... it's a common theme.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    I have been extremely fortunate to have meet, make friends and deals with some really good people through INGO, heck 2 of them are in this thread!

HOWEVER, I had one that I laugh about now, that really ticked me off at the time, but now it is "almost" funny.

An INGO'er posted a for sale ad for some XDm 9mm magazines,

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/parts_and_accessories/145780-9mm_xdm_mags_and_mag_pouch.html

I was first to post, I will take them, we traded some PM's about mailing them, which I said I would gladly pay for. Ask him to send me his address so I could send him a money order, never heard from him for 2 weeks.

When he finally responded, he said he had been having "computer" issues, it's possible, so I again ask for an address to send payment to, and 2 more weeks passed with NO contact.

So I finally sent him a PM calling him out as a flake for not either following through on the agreed deal, or being up front and man-ing up that he had sold them to some else for more money.

He finally replied with this, HIS MOTHER MISTAKENLY THREW THEM AWAY! :laugh:
    OK, even if she did, which I never for a second believed, couldn't he have still managed a PM to let me know?

At that time there was no feedback feature, so now, finally here's his feedback.

super%20flakes.jpg

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I have been extremely fortunate to have meet, make friends and deals with some really good people through INGO, heck 2 of them are in this thread!

HOWEVER, I had one that I laugh about now, that really ticked me off at the time, but now it is "almost" funny.

An INGO'er posted a for sale ad for some XDm 9mm magazines,

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/parts_and_accessories/145780-9mm_xdm_mags_and_mag_pouch.html

I was first to post, I will take them, we traded some PM's about mailing them, which I said I would gladly pay for. Ask him to send me his address so I could send him a money order, never heard from him for 2 weeks.

When he finally responded, he said he had been having "computer" issues, it's possible, so I again ask for an address to send payment to, and 2 more weeks passed with NO contact.

So I finally sent him a PM calling him out as a flake for not either following through on the agreed deal, or being up front and man-ing up that he had sold them to some else for more money.

He finally replied with this, HIS MOTHER MISTAKENLY THREW THEM AWAY! :laugh:
    OK, even if she did, which I never for a second believed, couldn't he have still managed a PM to let me know?

At that time there was no feedback feature, so now, finally here's his feedback.

super%20flakes.jpg

I'm just laughing that he still lives with mom. Anyway, I have had a couple deals on here that I got burned on. Both were on handguns. One guy claimed that there was too much wear on it, and then proceeded to back out of the deal after I had driven over a hour to meet him. Another(which was partly my fault for not breaking the gun down) was a trade for a handgun that had some pretty significant wear. When I confronted the fellow INGO'er about this, he claimed he never knew about it!?! So, you never clean your guns or break them down to clean......yeah right. I will say most of my encounters have been great on here. My dad on the other hand has gotten screwed on three different encounters which left more then a sour taste in his mouth. My favorite excuse that was used on him was "My basement just flooded so now I don't have the funds". Really??? C'mon man. The classifieds are turning into just a glorified ARMSLIST these days.

Top Bottom