• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolffman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Twice in the last few months I've mentioned to co-workers that I had been shooting over the previous weekend. Both times it immediately resulted in comments to the effect of, "oh we'd better not tick you off." Or, "I guess we'd better start searching you before you come in the building." :rolleyes:

The slow drip of the narrative from the media and gun grabbers had saturated the ground and non-gun people immediately consider gun owners as unstable and dangerous.

The only reason I was even discussing guns at work is because I am tired of being driven underground over a hobby and made a conscious decision to be more vocal and try to facilitate a discussion and change hearts and minds.

Another slow drip from CBS 4 tonight about a Muncie guy (convicted felon) who got a gun and shot someone. The showed selected pieces of quotes from various sources to support their point of view. Like Dave Bursten of the Indiana State Police. The only thing that they recorded from him was that their NICS database was up to date. If that was up to date, then did Rural King not call it in properly? CBS4 questioned what/how it happened, but they never made it to a conclusion. All they did was present part of the story.
    I just saw this report on Channel 4, but I can't even find it documented on their website. Just poisoning the public with partial reporting.

Rod Farva

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2018
    Ghetto B
    Twice in the last few months I've mentioned to co-workers that I had been shooting over the previous weekend. Both times it immediately resulted in comments to the effect of, "oh we'd better not tick you off." Or, "I guess we'd better start searching you before you come in the building." :rolleyes:

The slow drip of the narrative from the media and gun grabbers had saturated the ground and non-gun people immediately consider gun owners as unstable and dangerous.

The only reason I was even discussing guns at work is because I am tired of being driven underground over a hobby and made a conscious decision to be more vocal and try to facilitate a discussion and change hearts and minds.

Have experienced this same thing. My co-workers act as if they have a mind control implant. I quit talking about it as I am greatly outnumbered by Libs and SJWs. Makes my work miserable but I only go there so I can enjoy the range on the weekend.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Have experienced this same thing. My co-workers act as if they have a mind control implant. I quit talking about it as I am greatly outnumbered by Libs and SJWs. Makes my work miserable but I only go there so I can enjoy the range on the weekend.

I'm a little hard headed.
    That would just make me dig in even more.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

I'm lucky that all of my team members are either gun owners or are 2A supporters in general, so I can talk about guns at work, at least around my teammates. We've even discussed doing a group shoot at the range some night for team bonding.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Guess I’m fairly lucky. Most of the people I work with lean left, but are at least tolerant of gun ownership. Some are gun owners themselves. I’ve taken many of the people I work closely with to the range, and a few of them became gun owners themselves. I’ve found that being the antithesis of the strawman the left makes of us resonates with most real people (not posessed by political lunacy). Be the calm one in the room. Sane people will notice.

If you get to take them to the range, go out of your way to make sure their experience is great. Some of them will be very anxious, nervous, or even afraid. Being calm and understanding, demonstrating safety!all the way, goes a long way to help them overcome their fears, and then at least have a chance to actually enjoy it.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think this subforum is broad enough to cover international gun rights topics, as well... There's probably enough content to create a thread on UN/EU Gun Control efforts... but I'll just drop this here for now.

Swiss Citizens Refuse to Comply with International Gun Controllers

As NRA-ILA reported on April 27, peaceful Switzerland is in the crosshairs of international and domestic gun control advocates who are intent on abolishing the idyllic nation’s tradition of an armed citizenry. Using the 2017 changes to the European Firearms Directive as justification, these foreign and home-grown forces are attempting to burden the tranquil republic with gun controls the Swiss people have continually rejected. However, as was pointed out in a recent Bloomberg article, many Swiss citizens are refusing to take this assault on their inalienable rights and national sovereignty lying down.

In the Swiss tradition of neutrality, Switzerland is not a member of the European Union. However, Switzerland is a member of the Schengen Agreement, which created the Schengen Area. Schengen Area states have abolished the international border checks between them and permit the free movement of people throughout the area.

As members of the Schengen Area, non-EU members Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, and Lichtenstein are obligated to comply with certain EU laws. In 2017, the EU imposed further firearms restrictions on its Member States when it enacted a new version of the European Firearms Directive. Under the European Firearms Directive, all Member States, and those under the Schengen Agreement, are required to meet a minimum threshold of gun restrictions. The 2017 update enacted more stringent firearms registration and licensing requirements, and re-categorized certain types of semi-automatic firearms and their magazines in a way that nearly prohibits civilian possession.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Guess I’m fairly lucky. Most of the people I work with lean left, but are at least tolerant of gun ownership. Some are gun owners themselves. I’ve taken many of the people I work closely with to the range, and a few of them became gun owners themselves. I’ve found that being the antithesis of the strawman the left makes of us resonates with most real people (not posessed by political lunacy). Be the calm one in the room. Sane people will notice.

If you get to take them to the range, go out of your way to make sure their experience is great. Some of them will be very anxious, nervous, or even afraid. Being calm and understanding, demonstrating safety!all the way, goes a long way to help them overcome their fears, and then at least have a chance to actually enjoy it.

The best way to beat an enemy is to make them your friend.

The guy that gave me the most negative feedback several years ago anout my 2A activism is now my shooting buddy.

I think this subforum is broad enough to cover international gun rights topics, as well... There's probably enough content to create a thread on UN/EU Gun Control efforts... but I'll just drop this here for now.

Swiss Citizens Refuse to Comply with International Gun Controllers

Scooped, https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...449795-gun-control-frenzy-92.html#post7528515

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    2adxrm.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Like that study, where they armed an untrained college student, and a trained officer acted as a shooter.
    The officer knew where the ONE armed student sat, entered, shot before the student could do anything.
    Except the instance where the armed student moved to a different seat.
    Officer was shot.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Interesting take on guns in Australia vs the US.

[video=youtube_share;k1r1yECONZE]http://youtu.be/k1r1yECONZE[/video]

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I can't remember if we talked about this guy on here, or another thread...

He's running for Commissioner in Boulder, Colorado.
    Picture of him giving the camera "the finger" while wearing a T-shirt "Repeal the 2nd Amendment".
    (Not embedded, because I'm not sure on INGO policy for "the finger")
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...680345512014119&source=47&refid=52&__tn__=R-R

Anyway, he seems to be happy with the publicity even though he's being roasted.
    https://m.facebook.com/OConnorforBoulderCountyCommissioner/

He has a LOT of anti-gun stuff. But go down to the spot where he talks about not being a member of Mom's Demand Action but he supports what they do.
    Lot of people hammering him there.

Top Bottom