• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Studies show that gun buyback programs have no effect on reducing violence. Well duh. The people that use guns to commit crimes aren't typically inclined to turn them in.

jwleeper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    My guess most of the turn ins are junk and the money will be used for drugs. It is an inter city thing that does not work like most inter city programs. Just my thoughts.
    Have a great day.
    Jim

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    ExMkq9TVEBA1PgA.jpg

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Thankfully, we live in a state where it's illegal to use public funds to facilitate this stupidity.

IC 35-47-3.5-3:

"A unit, including a law enforcement agency of a unit, may not conduct a firearm buyback program unless the firearm buyback program is financed or funded with private funds or grants, and not public funds."

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    So if they are paying $200 for a gun. Can we buy 100 Phoenix Arns for $125 and profit from the gun buy back or would the BATF find a reason to arrest you?

Or Rossi RS22's

HHollow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    So if they are paying $200 for a gun. Can we buy 100 Phoenix Arns for $125 and profit from the gun buy back or would the BATF find a reason to arrest you?

Or Rossi RS22's
    Normally an FFL would be required to legally flip a gun for profit. But then again they are "buying them back".

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    “Buy back” from honest people really makes sense. Just steal from your local police and if you can’t sell them on the street just take them to a buy back which usually is a no questions asked program.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    “Buy back” from honest people really makes sense. Just steal from your local police and if you can’t sell them on the street just take them to a buy back which usually is a no questions asked program.

FYI. This was reported incorrect by our local police members. They were not police owned guns.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have a question. Are these guns tested and a sample saved to see if it was used to shoot someone? Or is this a place where a murderer can drop his/her gun off and it gets destroyed and evidence is completely lost forever?

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I once sold a single shot shot gun for $25, at a buy back in Louisville,the firing pin was an old nail, my dad gave me the gun as a junker

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene

As some here know I am a long time member of "Guns Save Life" a gun rights org based in Illinois. Those of you that have had the misfortune to drive into that horrible state have probably seen our "Burma Shave Signs" promoting gun ownership.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    No one should be surprised. Tools are not violent. People are violent. Ergo, eliminating certain tools (as if that could be done) would have no effect on violence. The violent are going to be violent.

But, but, but - as we all know, it's NOT about the violence, or about the crime, or about the children, or whatever plausible political cover the spout for the day - it's about control, pure and simple.

Top Bottom