• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Before anyone makes the trip, its for New Albany residents only:

"The only thing the person will have to do is prove to an officer they are a New Albany resident,"

Read more: http://www.wlky.com/news/local-news/indiana-news/New-Albany-police-offer-to-buy-back-guns-from-public/-/9718538/17872930/-/13xxpnx/-/index.html#ixzz2FnBvdCXc"

Sucks, I was going to have my dad take two guns down there.

Dave-O

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    New Albany
    Gonna call some freinds on the force wednesday to find out the details, how many, how much and some other info but rumor has it they have 50k to **** away and it starts at noon ends at 4. RK gun show in louisville starts at 9:00 am. Seems like I need to do my civic duty and get as many 50-100 dollar guns off the streets as I can. Plus help the economy in the process.

reedo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    This could be very profitable. Take all your crappy guns in and then take the money and go buy really good guns. This is another liberal approach to gun control.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Geez, when are they going to do this up in my neck of the woods? I have two crap guns I'm dying to get rid of and make a profit so I can put it towards something better like accessories, ammo, or another gun for my small but growing collection.

indygoat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Clermont, IN
    Geez, when are they going to do this up in my neck of the woods? I have two crap guns I'm dying to get rid of and make a profit so I can put it towards something better like accessories, ammo, or another gun for my small but growing collection.

Yes, I'd like to see one of these and Marion and/or Hamilton county. I can prove residence in either. :D

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    If you had a closet full of Mosins (i.e. Miller), you could make a nice profit at this buy back. Then you could maybe buy a low end AR-15 and a single magazine.
    I was thinking the same I sure could use a quick 1k from 3-5 mosins. That would be almost enought to cover my dream 7.62x54r a finish m72 target rifle.

Dave-O

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    New Albany
    Talked to a friend on force today. Says they have fifty large to throw away. I was asking who was in to do our civic duty and be the first at rk show when it opened buy every piece of crap we could then haul ass for the buy back. Drop about 10k get 20-30k. The only problem is I think they are gonna have a line around the block in tents overnight. Gonna look like best buys on black friday. Everybody has drug every piece of crap they have out for this. One buddy has 10 pieces of **** drug out already. They aren't gonna accomplish anything but **** away 50k buying scrap metal for headlines.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    These are always the same. A big pile of junk that if you tried to fire a round through any of them you'd be taking your life in your hands, with a machine pistol of some sort on top of the pile. Riiiiight!!
    My Dad has some old as dirt black powder H&R .32 that some guy gave him 40 years ago (we found it when they were moving). $200 would be a great return on investment.

Dogonhunt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    No questions asked, they aren't even going to take down your name.

I have six or seven that aren't worth $200 combined!

You do have to prove you are a New Albany resident.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Quote from the link above "Police say residents can turn in their guns with no questions asked." But what they don't tell you is they will run checks to see if the gun is stolen, been involved in any crime, & finger print it to see if any wanted criminals have handled it.
    There may be no questions ask, right then, but I can almost guarantee that there will be news camera crews their to record who is turning in what. Then the questions start later.
    And you just thought it was to get the guns off the street.:):

File off the serial numbers first.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    The dumbasses ran out of money before 2:30. $50k pissed away in just a few hours. What a waste. My mom lives in New Albany and took a couple of junkers of mine but was too late.

Top Bottom