• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    About 7 years ago someone on INGO recommended a gun belt to me. It was a much better quality than then leather one I had from cabelas, which was good, but this newer one was better.

Sadly its seen better days and looking at it I cannot find a brand on it or any other markings apart from the number 44 (waist size). Its 100% black leather and has some type of metal inside the belt because the last 2 holes of the belt as of late I can not use since that metal part has moved and is blocking those 2 holes.

Any ideas?

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    A LOT of people seem to be rocking the biobelts these days, myself I like my Nexbelt ratcheting belt. no need for a metal stiffener in this one.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Sounds like maybe Daltech?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

I've been wearing the Daltech bull belt for 3-4 years now. No stiffener in mine though. It still looks great, but it is starting to loosen up just a little.

I also have one of the bio belts. Stiffness is excellent after about 3 years.. The belt looks pretty much brand new.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Thank you all.
    It looks like I may have the bullbelt but from I see online the INSIDE of that belt has the company logo/"bullbelt" name and mine does not. However from everything else I see online of picture of it and YouTube videos that does look like it.

Mine is at least 6 years old as I recall getting it right when I moved as a gift to me for moving. So maybe 6 years ago they were not putting the logos or it were off since then.

Mine while old still works but I've lost several inches in the waist and now this belt is a too big. :(

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    If only there was a device that would allow you to drill through metal.
    :rofl: have u met jedi?
    The lover of pink guns and hello kitty! :)

Sure jedi could DRILL thru the belt but what fun is that when he did manage to lose the weight. The reward is a nice brand new belt off course.

Giving up the pop, candy, bread was hard enough. Drinking water, eating veggies and white fish or chicken has sucked but the weight loss and feeling better was been a plus.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

That's not a bad price. How well do they hold up over the year's?

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    :rofl: have u met jedi?
    The lover of pink guns and hello kitty! :)

Sure jedi could DRILL thru the belt but what fun is that when he did manage to lose the weight. The reward is a nice brand new belt off course.

Giving up the pop, candy, bread was hard enough. Drinking water, eating veggies and white fish or chicken has sucked but the weight loss and feeling better was been a plus.
    While you are at it, buy one in every color available so you can coordinate with every outfit. :)

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Hello Jedi.

Is this the post you are remembering?

Or this review of Daltech belts?

I'm a fan of the Beltman belts in the first review.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I have the Brown Daltech Steel Core Bullbelt and have worn it pretty much every day for just short of five years. I carry a G17 OWB. The belt still looks great - a few scuffs but overall looks good. No sag at all yet.

tude

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    ohio
    A belt made of quality leather doesn't need all the marketing gimmicks of steel, nylon, cardboard etc added. A belt will never be an I beam. I have had a belt for years that is still doing its job. It is two layers of leather, probably 6oz and 8oz, glued and sewn together for a 14oz total. Like plywood is made thin layers glued together to make a stronger whole.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

It's been a long time since I bought one, but the one I had was ok. I've "undergrown" it so no longer use it, but the internal stiffener was probably synthetic when I bought mine. It definitely broke in a few places. The leather held up fine and the hardware was nice.

The best belt I've used, and continue to use, are "sidewinder" or "triple curve" (sold under different names at different times) from Red Nichols. I still wear them daily, they hold up great, the shape makes them work so well it's crazy all belts aren't shaped like this...but he's retired and you can't get them any longer.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    I'm shocked Daltech isn't a site supporter. I wear a Biobelt every day and for the last 4 years. No signs of breaking down other than the coating on the buckle. I bought a 2nd one that is waiting in the wings when this ever fails. You could wear this in the rain and it will not absorb moisture. Really a huge fan of this product.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Hello Jedi.

Is this the post you are remembering?

Or this review of Daltech belts?

I'm a fan of the Beltman belts in the first review.
    Thanks but still unsure.
    My first gun belt was based off that wst review and I went with the cables belt. It served me well for many years.

The 2nd belt is not in that first post of comparisons nor is it in the other 2 post.

It might be a bullbelt but unsure as there is no markings for that brand. Nor can I find any cc charge from that company. :faint:

But it does look like it.

Top Bottom