Gun Ban plan swings another direction...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    It's been covered. Depending on who you believe, it was either a non-issue from the start, or it was nipped in the bud very quickly. Bottom line is, nothing more to see here; we can move on.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I seen the dates on the blog and emails from the manufacturers were dated mid-March of this year that's why I posted this with such concern. I'd seen that import bans had been discussed, but nothing about this. I probably missed it as I just skimmed through the titles first, but this was all looking fairly recent...

Again, if anyone has any information on how and when and who reversed this policy I would love to have the info to pass on. I've looked and didn't find anything, but then again I wouldn't know what to look for. I've tried simple searches on google, but nothing that pertains to the DoD destruction of casings...

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I seen the dates on the blog and emails from the manufacturers were dated mid-March of this year that's why I posted this with such concern. I'd seen that import bans had been discussed, but nothing about this. I probably missed it as I just skimmed through the titles first, but this was all looking fairly recent...
    People still post about the ammo accountability act too. We need to stop this fearmongering! The time for getting scared is now, not two years from now! :D:D

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    SavageEagle,
    Here's one link: Virginia Shooting Sports Association: DOD Spent Brass Directive Reversed

The host of GunTalk also said on the air that it was reversed. Can't remember his name off the top of my head. I also think that this is why membership in the NRA, GOA, and JFPO, and other similar groups is so important. They can stay on top of things in ways we going along in our daily lives cannot. They are probably watching the politicians in DC right now like hawks waiting to pounce on a unsuspecting victim! :rockwoot:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I posted similar and the reversal here on INGO some time ago

I'm sorry I missed it! :dunno:

People still post about the ammo accountability act too. We need to stop this fearmongering! The time for getting scared is now, not two years from now! :D:D

:yesway: :n00b: Again, with the dates of the letters I thought this was a recent thing. I'm sorry. I will return to the politics forum more often now. :D

SavageEagle,
    Here's one link: Virginia Shooting Sports Association: DOD Spent Brass Directive Reversed

The host of GunTalk also said on the air that it was reversed. Can't remember his name off the top of my head. I also think that this is why membership in the NRA, GOA, and JFPO, and other similar groups is so important. They can stay on top of things in ways we going along in our daily lives cannot. They are probably watching the politicians in DC right now like hawks waiting to pounce on a unsuspecting victim! :rockwoot:

Don't listen to it but I think I should. thanks for the link! :cheers:

I saw it in something I was reading about HR45 last night but I cant find it now. Heres a link to some brass though if your looking for some...:D

0001 - Uncategorized at Government Liquidation

Hmm... Actually if you want some .223/5.56, 9mm, and I think some .30-30 brass, I'll trade it for some .223! :D

:thumbsup:

Top Bottom