• ...and so much more!
  • Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    1000008715.jpg

Watched a food delivery guy walk in bathroom with someones order.

Is it that hard to use the bathroom before you grab the order.

I know its hard to see, upper right corner you can kind of see a guy walking out with the order.

One reason among many I wouldn't use that type of service.

Reactions: Leo

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    View attachment 335289

Watched a food delivery guy walk in bathroom with someones order.

Is it that hard to use the bathroom before you grab the order.

I know its hard to see, upper right corner you can kind of see a guy walking out with the order.

One reason among many I wouldn't use that type of service.
    Sometimes, if you want delivery, it's not an option. Wingstop for example, doesn't have their own delivery drivers, so if you order delivery from them (on their website) Doordash will deliver it.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Most of the people who I see delivering food are the kind of people who I would never want touching my food.

Plus, I cant justify spending double to have someone bring my food when I can just jump in my car and spend 10-15 minutes to go get it myself.
    That's part of what's crazy to me. Paying double retail, etc for McDonald's, etc.

If I hit McDonald's it's using the app to get something at a ridiculous discount using the deals in the app, quick through drive thru, because I'm short on time. Not paying double the msrp to have someone deliver it and as seen here, having it handled in such a way.

I have a hard enough time thinking about how the food prep folks are handling things and they at least have spot checks from health department.

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I have never used one of these apps and probably never will.

In my mind, McD's is food you eat for convenience while on the road, not money you pay a premium for to be brought to your house. I'll be putting burgers on the KJ in a bit and do enough to have some throughout the week, and they'll kick the **** out of any fast food place offers.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I have never used one of these apps and probably never will.

In my mind, McD's is food you eat for convenience while on the road, not money you pay a premium for to be brought to your house. I'll be putting burgers on the KJ in a bit and do enough to have some throughout the week, and they'll kick the **** out of any fast food place offers.
    Even an overcooked burger on a KJ is better than McDs.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'm also one who has never used one of these apps or services. However, last fall my brother and I took my nephew (15yo) and his friend fishing for his birthday. That night while we were fishing, he walked over to where we were and was eating wings. He ordered wings and had them delivered to the park at like 11 at night. It cost him well over menu cost and he tipped 20% on top of it. All I could do was shake my head. I just can't understand how this is so appealing to some people

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Cooking and making meals at home is one of the easiest ways to save money.

Add in long term costs associated with health issues from eating fast food and it's even more pronounced. A cousin of mine who is within a few months of my age had to get heart stints last year. I'm overweight, but I'm not dying forty years ahead of schedule because of it overweight. He apparently lives on fast food, and he'll die on it.

I'm not anti-restaurant by any stretch. I just think if I'm going to eat out it should be something I can't make at home, or is better than I make at home.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Ever since covid and all these delivery services, this country has only gotten worse. People are so damn lazier the more time goes on. First it started with all the electronic gadgets to where you couldn't get kids outa the house, now it's food delivery that you now can't get the adults off the couch.
    Those services aren't the cause of the issues... They may be a symptom, but not the cause.

CallSign Snafu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Indy
    I can't lie, after reading this thread around lunch time it made me want to go get something at Burger King. I don't use the food delivery apps, the added expense of that is unbelievable.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I can't lie, after reading this thread around lunch time it made me want to go get something at Burger King. I don't use the food delivery apps, the added expense of that is unbelievable.
    BK as a company is stepping up. Better service, better fries, better sandwiches than they had become known for. Didn’t eat there at all for years. McD’s is falling, food tastes terrible, plastic, fake, and this from a guy that once loved a Big Mac, Filet O Fish, fries and Coke as lunch for years…

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    BK a a company is stepping up. Better service, better fries, better sandwiches than they had become known for. Didn’t eat there at all for years. McD’s is falling, food tastes terrible, plastic, fake, and this from a guy that once loved a Big Mac, Filet O Fish, fries and Coke as lunch for years…
    I was upset to find the bk closed off 69N by Pendleton

Top Bottom