• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    This type of article really gets me going. I commented on the bottom....really long comment, name is Adam Crick.

Why do Americans love their guns? - Inside Story Americas - Al Jazeera English

Its just so demeaning to such a huge portion of our populace! They talk down to gun-owners like we're some sort of kindergartner that doesn't understand that we're not supposed to poke other kids with our pencils or something.

But then they refuse to recognize us at all when we attempt to give a logical, reasonable argument. Yes, I know; don't expect logic from idiots, but it still just makes me seethe....

Just wanted some more pro-gun opinions in the comments. Its not like any of the anti-gunners will actually read them or take the time to respond, but it'll make me feel better to have more intelligent, courteous gun owners in the comments.

And it wouldn't hurt if you found my comment and gave it a Like....they display comments by the "most popular" first, so once one person gets a good percentage of the vote, all new commenters get pushed to the back and are basically unheard.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Doesn't most of the countrys that Al Jazeera report for, are they not the ones that are showing crowds of people shooting fully automatic AK47's into the air any time they want to protest or celebrate something. :ar15:

And yet they question us on our gun laws/ownership :n00b:

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I don't read go to their site regularly; I am a member of a Facebook group called "Students for Concealed Carry On Campus," and they regularly post anti-gun articles. Typically, that article will then receive a flood of pro-gun comments, and everyone from the group is encouraged to be courteous, respectful, and logical. Its pretty overwhelming, actually, the number and variety of people we will get who all come forward to logically refute the false claims of the article in question.

However, its is unfortunate that most of the time, the authors of these articles never seem to read, (or at least to respond,) to any of the comments. This one just ticked me off so much that I couldn't help but post it here.

Oh and if any of you guys/gals are students, check out that facebook group. Good people. They've been behind the push to get CC legalized at Universities in several of the states or facilities that have accepted it so far.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    At least they know we are armed :) what is the famous quote of ww2 about not being able to invade America due to the "a gun behind every blade of grass"

Mad Brew

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Franklin
    Arguing in the comment section of Al Jazeera is probably a recipe for madness. Nothing but frustration and anger can come from that.

catielynnb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Louisville
    At least they know we are armed :) what is the famous quote of ww2 about not being able to invade America due to the "a gun behind every blade of grass"

blade_of_grass_2298.jpg

Point well made.

And the article gets to me, although I'm a new gun-owner I've never had a problem with them. It's frustrating to see how much pent up hate and/or disrespect. Plus, they have crappy statistics and points.

I have no faith in this generation, or the next, in this country.

Top Bottom