• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Funny story...When Bigus_D came to pick up his and Dudley's MRE's at my house, a couple from the (expensive) neighborhood a couple of miles away were there dropping off a stove my wife bought at their neighborhood garage sale. Great guy, nothing wrong with him in the least but as Bigus carried his boxes to his car he read the box and had a totally puzzled look and asked "what is an MRE?" I explained they are meals ready to eat, his look didn't go away, so I said like the military have, and went on to describe them. Same look but with a different purpose he started asking basically why would somebody want one? I played nice and gave several reasons why I have them but it was all I could do not to go into a crazy voice sermon like I was convinced the world was about to end and I couldn't believe he didn't have a bunker that he was hording food into. It was really wild seeing his body language reaction like he just got a glimpse into another part of the world going on around him that he had no idea existed 5 minutes ago.

Well I hope you are moving farther away and not closer to this guys house. He'll come a knocking when the SHTF. :dunno:

I haven't delivered River's yet, but he isn't missing them. I should just ship them all to Ireland for his enjoyment:D.

Glad we are wrapping this up. Thanks to Csaws for getting things rolling on the SS of Indy. Thanks Doc for being will to transport NW.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Got my two cases earlier this evening. Thanks to everybody who helped make this happen.

Had to take the family out to dinner, they wouldn't accept the MRE's as payment. Nice to meet you Bigus_D. I really appreciate you going even a bit out of your way to get the delivery done!

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom