• JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Bear with me on this one...

Over an hour in the bathroom, while your laptop is cooking along with a butane cylinder. Butane goes boom in the oven and a whole lot of emergency responders go there, not to the GPM. Those of us who remember the Richmond Hill explosion in 2012 know what would've been much more effective, but we weren't 10 years old in 2012. We remember the details. Same plan, not executed like Richmond Hill which looked like a a GBU-38 (500 pound JDAM) hit that house. Imagine that impact in an apartment building.

We saw the delays in emergency services getting to the park in Beech Grove several hours later (KellyinAvon's take: gang related candlelight vigil shot up by rival gang members who knew they'd be there.) Imagine if it was 30 minutes after an apartment building had a Richmond Hill level blast.

Top 5 movie of all time for most people on Earth: The Godfather. The gun Michael used to kill The Turk and the Police Captain was in the????? In the bathroom behind the toilet of course left there by one of Clemenza's men. Second shooter was supposed to go in the bathroom. The M&P 15 was there with ammo. The NRTBG (now room temperature bad guy) took the higher-end rifle and murdered three innocent people. Why would you leave your back up rifle in a backpack in the bathroom? If you were alone just sling it and go. Active shooter, nobody is just wandering into the bathroom.

Laptop goes boom along with apartment building, iPhone goes down the toilet, second shooter shows up minutes later. None of these things happened. If they did (along with Eli from Seymour not being as proficient with his EDC as he proved to be... or if he took his GF anywhere else on the planet) we would be discussing a very different situation that happened at the GPM right now.

We now return you to the regularly scheduled thread, already in progress.
    8TiOCYz.gif

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Bear with me on this one...

Over an hour in the bathroom, while your laptop is cooking along with a butane cylinder. Butane goes boom in the oven and a whole lot of emergency responders go there, not to the GPM. Those of us who remember the Richmond Hill explosion in 2012 know what would've been much more effective, but we weren't 10 years old in 2012. We remember the details. Same plan, not executed like Richmond Hill which looked like a a GBU-38 (500 pound JDAM) hit that house. Imagine that impact in an apartment building.

We saw the delays in emergency services getting to the park in Beech Grove several hours later (KellyinAvon's take: gang related candlelight vigil shot up by rival gang members who knew they'd be there.) Imagine if it was 30 minutes after an apartment building had a Richmond Hill level blast.

Top 5 movie of all time for most people on Earth: The Godfather. The gun Michael used to kill The Turk and the Police Captain was in the????? In the bathroom behind the toilet of course left there by one of Clemenza's men. Second shooter was supposed to go in the bathroom. The M&P 15 was there with ammo. The NRTBG (now room temperature bad guy) took the higher-end rifle and murdered three innocent people. Why would you leave your back up rifle in a backpack in the bathroom? If you were alone just sling it and go. Active shooter, nobody is just wandering into the bathroom.

Laptop goes boom along with apartment building, iPhone goes down the toilet, second shooter shows up minutes later. None of these things happened. If they did (along with Eli from Seymour not being as proficient with his EDC as he proved to be... or if he took his GF anywhere else on the planet) we would be discussing a very different situation that happened at the GPM right now.

We now return you to the regularly scheduled thread, already in progress.

Two questions….

1. Do you have a drivers license?
    2. Are you employed?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Except butane cylinders wont explode AFAIK. Those have plastic valves that will melt and allow the gas to escape before enough pressures build up. And as I think about it, pretty much every flammable gas canister I know of has some kind of overpressure valve to prevent explosions. Even the mythbusters had to monkey with their tanks to make them get the effect they wanted on camera.

At best for a while you'll have a controlled jet of flame inside the oven. or maybe the oven door might fly open due to the brief overpressure as the gas ignites in the oven. Definitely no boom.
    And even sunlight can cause those valves to open. The last time I filled my propane cylinder I carried it around back and set it in the back yard in the sun. I finished unloading the car, and when I went back into the back yard I heard a hissing. The tank was relieving excess pressure due to warming up in the sun.

It eventually stopped. (at first I thought it was broken until I googled it. )

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Except butane cylinders wont explode AFAIK. Those have plastic valves that will melt and allow the gas to escape before enough pressures build up. And as I think about it, pretty much every flammable gas canister I know of has some kind of overpressure valve to prevent explosions. Even the mythbusters had to monkey with their tanks to make them get the effect they wanted on camera.

At best for a while you'll have a controlled jet of flame inside the oven. or maybe the oven door might fly open due to the brief overpressure as the gas ignites in the oven. Definitely no boom.
    And even sunlight can cause those valves to open. The last time I filled my propane cylinder I carried it around back and set it in the back yard in the sun. I finished unloading the car, and when I went back into the back yard I heard a hissing. The tank was relieving excess pressure due to warming up in the sun.

Thanks for that. I was genuinely curious why it didn’t explode. You figure he set the oven, went to the mall, sat for an hour and then they didn’t raid his apt til middle of the night. It was easily cooking for 6 hours. Certainty it got hot enough. I thought the absence of spark was it, but you’re saying the gas escaped at 150 degrees (my guess) and was never really a threat….

Edit to add: Cylinder Pressure-Relief Valves

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States

The things you learn on INGO!

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Maybe he doesn't have driver's license and couldn't get there? :whistle:
    I just saw a show but can't remember it.....guy working for FBI in prison was to contact when he got info and life in danger....he sent out word from prison and FBI guy on vacation or something and never got message until like a week later....guy was lucky to still be alive.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Except butane cylinders wont explode AFAIK. Those have plastic valves that will melt and allow the gas to escape before enough pressures build up. And as I think about it, pretty much every flammable gas canister I know of has some kind of overpressure valve to prevent explosions.
    Except if all you know is Hollywood, you are going to believe there will be an enormous explosion.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    A single 4chan posting, on the very afternoon that he performed his attack? Yeah, that passes the smell test...

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    So, is he not welcome back to the mall, or are they taking the signs down? I don't see how they can ride the fence if someone asks the right question.
    I imagine they'll just stay silent, but leave the signs up, as a matter of corporate policy.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    If you’ve been driving since 1981… and my math is correct… that makes you..

A very skilled driver :tantrum:
    UPON FURTHER REVIEW: I've been LICENSED to drive since 1981. Started driving in... 1974. F100 4X4 with a 360 and a 4-speed. Mostly in the fields, not a lot of LEO presence out where I grew up.

Top Bottom