• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If the owners of the mall had THEIR way, the killer would have not been interfered with, because the owners of the mall have a "no weapons" policy, which insists that law-abiding types be unarmed, thus leaving ONLY the criminals who don't obey mall-rules (or, laws against murder) armed.

Anyone wanna bet whether or not the mall owners reconsider and repeal their "no weapons" policy.... :lmfao:
    Nah. they’ll probably ban the armed citizen for life because he was carrying inside the mall against their policies

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Let's face it most in the media at both national news agencies and local, generally speaking don't know much about guns or gun laws. I doubt if more than 1 or 2 even realize that here in IN, those signs don't carry weight of law.
    We know those signs don't carry any legal authority. But it does present their position just the same as having an unenforceable dress code. I mean imagine INGO having a "must wear pants" rule. It would be ignored just the same (think of Printcraft as an example lol).
    So while I don't like the context it's being used by media, I'm not bothered by the "he shouldn't have had a gun based on mall policy" BS as it's a mostly unenforceable rule anyway

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Swallwell is at worst a traiterous enemy of the people and at best a complete idiot.

I occasionally peruse the Indy subreddit and it is a complete embarrassment. Can't believe how left leaning this state is turning. And its not just Indy - the burbs have been turning dark blue over the past few decades as well.
    Social media is not representative of the population as a whole. That is just as true of Reddit (if not moreso), as it is of Twitter, Facebook, etc. Reddit is, and most of the subreddit mods are, very left-leaning.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Social media is not representative of the population as a whole. That is just as true of Reddit (if not moreso), as it is of Twitter, Facebook, etc. Reddit is, and most of the subreddit mods are, very left-leaning.
    Twitter has its army of bots ready to pounce on any opinion it disagrees with. It’s probably the least representative of the summation of thinking of all of individuals.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg

I do agree with that for the most part. I live in the burg and I base some of my assessment on interactions I have with other parents at school events, within social circles, etc. I feel like the tide is turning and my views are in the minority around here.

Notavictim646

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Undisclosed
    If the owners of the mall had THEIR way, the killer would have not been interfered with, because the owners of the mall have a "no weapons" policy, which insists that law-abiding types be unarmed, thus leaving ONLY the criminals who don't obey mall-rules (or, laws against murder) armed.

Anyone wanna bet whether or not the mall owners reconsider and repeal their "no weapons" policy.... :lmfao:
    Simon properties is publicly owned. I am sure they are as happy as any of us that the good samaritan was there, but they will never repeal the policy. Policies like this are really just liability insurance recommended by their legal departments.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I do agree with that for the most part. I live in the burg and I base some of my assessment on interactions I have with other parents at school events, within social circles, etc. I feel like the tide is turning and my views are in the minority around here.
    Brownsburg - you mean, wanna-be Carmel West? Yeah, I don't doubt it.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I could see a push to give legal weight to posted signs. Or at least giving that idea some lip service.
    I can just see the committee hearings. Our hero from yesterday needs only show up, testify, "If this were the law, I would be dead today." If such a bill even got that far, it would die, right there.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I can just see the committee hearings. Our hero from yesterday needs only show up, testify, "If this were the law, I would be dead today." If such a bill even got that far, it would die, right there.

"If I this were the law, and I had followed it, I would be dead today."

Yes, I don't think such a law would gain much traction here, but we should still be very wary that it could.

The simple fact that it only "prevents" the law abiding from carrying inside a business should be enough to "shoot it down." But, you know, common sense and logic are sorely missing these days.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah, I think the law is OK how it is. Non force of law signage is a good compromise.

Give these clowns a chance to write a better law and God only knows what we will end up with.

And this is a prime example of how weight of law would be a bad idea. If that had been in play yesterday, odds are that young man wouldnt have been carrying and we would be discussing big body counts.

Top Bottom