Admission
    General: $6.00
    Children 12 & under: Free
    Free Parking

Howard County Fairgrounds
    790 N Meridian St
    Greentown, IN 46936

Description
    The Greentown Gun & Knife Show will be held next on Apr 20th-21st, 2024 with additional shows on Jul 27th-28th, 2024, and Oct 19th-20th, 2024 in Greentown, IN. This Greentown gun show is held at Howard County Fairgrounds and hosted by Central Indiana Gun Shows. All federal and local firearm laws and ordinances must be obeyed.

Screenshot_20240415_201654_Chrome.jpg

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    First time I am going to have a free weekend in a while, so I'm looking forward to the trek to Greentown!

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    I know it is a fairly new location for CIG. How does it compare to the other shows? I’m planning to make the drive but was wondering how it is since I have never been to this one.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I know it is a fairly new location for CIG. How does it compare to the other shows? I’m planning to make the drive but was wondering how it is since I have never been to this one.
    I would suggest that you stop in at Brian's Surplus just on the West side of Greentown while you are there.
    It's a growing show, lots of room is available if needed. Brian can chime in.
    @Brian's Surplus

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    It's still a pretty new show, so I'm not sure what to expect. The first 2 shows were once a year. This will be the first time a gun show has been done in the spring at this location. Previously, we were only able to schedule them in the middle of summer, during the slow season.

That being said, the building is huge. We have more overall square footage than we did in Kokomo before we lost the building there. There is room to grow. If enough customers keep supporting the show, the old vendors will return and new ones will come as well in the future.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    It's still a pretty new show, so I'm not sure what to expect. The first 2 shows were once a year. This will be the first time a gun show has been done in the spring at this location. Previously, we were only able to schedule them in the middle of summer, during the slow season.

That being said, the building is huge. We have more overall square footage than we did in Kokomo before we lost the building there. There is room to grow. If enough customers keep supporting the show, the old vendors will return and new ones will come as well in the future.
    Thanks for sharing. I didn’t realize the Kokomo show was no more.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Update. The show is in the 4H livestock barn. It was a wee bit chilly but a good number of vendors. Got a good deal on some mags. One vendor had a box of very used Lorcin, High Point and Jennings pistols for $85 each. Overall, prices were typical for local gun shows. One dealer had very nice Winchester Model 67 rifles for $179 each.

If you go to the show, also stop by the surplus store. It is packed with a huge selection of powder and reloading supplies.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I was there and saw the regular pack of buddies. Nobody had deep pockets as my Sig 556 Swat is going to be listed in the classifieds.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    It was a bit brisk at 10am, glad I had a sweatshirt on. Saw KokomoDave as we talked about hoping someone would do another reloading swap meet like what was done a few years ago up in North Webster. We should do one between Kokomo and Muncie this time.
    One family along the west? wall was selling out with gpaws reloading and the eight tables of, reloading dies, some equipment, bullets, brass and ammo he never sold when he was doing shows.
    Some stuff was a good deal and he would get stupid with some of his stuff, his grand kids were helping him but none of them knew anything with what he had for sale. He wanted 150 - 180 a brick of old federal red box primers.
    I bought a few smalls like the curved Stony Point bullet tool with 5-6 different cases for it in the box. Both rcbs and Lyman inside and outside neck turning tooling for there hand trimmers. It all looks new for 35 bucks.
    A NOS Lyman Drill press case holder trimmer for 10 bucks, that will be resold on eBay. Its a really neat tool, I have one that I used for quite a few years using rcbs tri way cutters on the drill press.
    s-l9601.jpg

I tried to buy about 10 boxes of Hornady 22 and 25 caliber bullets, and the old man just got stupid when he gave me prices.

Went to Brians and picked up a bunch of primers for others and myself, and a pair of Sig P220 mags. Well worth the drive for me.
    Getting ready to mow grass in a bit.

Top Bottom