• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Today at the Bloomington Walmart, in the cereal isle, I here someone behind me say" do you mind if I ask you a question?" My immediate thought was oh boy, here we go. This is, after all, Bloomington, the Prius driving, Kumbaya singing, drum circle capital of the Midwest. The next thing I hear is "do you mind if I ask how long it took to get your carry license? This led to a very pleasant five minute or so conversation with a fellow gun owner about Indiana's LTCH process, reciprocity, the demise of shooting ranges in Bloomington, and, of course, INGO:ingo:. Amazingly, no one was disarmed by a five year old girl, no SWAT teams were called out, no blood ran in the isles, and no soccer moms ran away screaming in terror. It was just the way every OC encounter should be.

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    Awesome, that's how it should be. Always inspires a bit more confidence in the non carrying population. And being in Bloomington.....well your description is pretty spot on lol.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Today at the Bloomington Walmart, in the cereal isle, I here someone behind me say" do you mind if I ask you a question?" My immediate thought was oh boy, here we go. This is, after all, Bloomington, the Prius driving, Kumbaya singing, drum circle capital of the Midwest. The next thing I hear is "do you mind if I ask how long it took to get your carry license? This led to a very pleasant five minute or so conversation with a fellow gun owner about Indiana's LTCH process, reciprocity, the demise of shooting ranges in Bloomington, and, of course, INGO:ingo:. Amazingly, no one was disarmed by a five year old girl, no SWAT teams were called out, no blood ran in the isles, and no soccer moms ran away screaming in terror. It was just the way every OC encounter should be.

Then you did it all wrong!:D

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Great story! Last time I was in the Wal Mart cereal isle, I was chased off by a rabid pack of five year old girls...luckily I was able to hide out in the sporting good section :laugh:

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    It was your own fault! That's just what happens when you venture away from the Wal-Mart ammo counter.
    I consider any other areas as hostile!! :):

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    You do know you lost all of you tactical advantage to get to the Lucky Charms without being shot dead in the head killing you totally almost all the way! DON'T YOU!!!

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

So out of curiosity, just how far would you be willing to go from Bloomington for a good shooting range? My brother is moving to the Nashville area, and is toying with the idea of opening a range.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I was just tryin' to protect myself from those old ladies. They're deadly on those scooter carts. There's a drive by in the produce isle at least once a week.

When you get in her way, she don't play around, man!

granny.png

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    So out of curiosity, just how far would you be willing to go from Bloomington for a good shooting range? My brother is moving to the Nashville area, and is toying with the idea of opening a range.
    I drive either to SCGC near Freetown or to my BIL's house just west of Spencer.

Top Bottom