• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I OC most of the time. I have had so many great conversations with people, and met one of my best friends as a result.

I was out running errands, stopped at Radio Shack in South Bend on Ireland. The cashier asked about my sidearm. He thought it was an XD. I told him it was a Glock 19. We talked guns, politics, and current events for about 45 minutes, when he informed me they were closing, and he had to lock up.

I was getting gas in Mishawaka, Marathon on Ironwood, as I was walking out of the building, someone walking in saw my Sig. Asked me if it was a .45. Said, "9mm." They were pulled in behind me, and as we were filling up, he informed me that he had applied for his LTCH, and he had a few questions for me. He also complemented my new wood grips. We talked for a few minutes, he learned some things, and then I went home.

I am a musician, and I go to Guitar Center in Mishawaka, on Grape Road, quite often. I always have a good time there. Last time, one of the guys was fairly new. He asked about my Glock. He was very inquisitive, as he lived in Canada for most of his life. He informed me that it takes over a year to get a license to own a .22 rifle! Wow. Then he lived in Florida. He said he wasn't used to seeing people carrying guns. He is 44, and told he never even held a firearm. A BB gun was the closest thing. We talked about OC, and they sold me some studio equipment. Good day.

Another thing I like about it is that I get carded less. I'm 20. I usually get asked for ID when I buy ammo, unless it's at Midwest Gun Exchange. I know a lot of the guys there. But Wal Mart, yes. Also spray paint. I guess having a firearm on, people assume you're old enough. I look a little young for my age, too. It can be frustrating. I was at Menard's last winter, I was OCing, but had a coat on, and the cashier asked if I wanted to use my Menard's card, then said I probably wasn't old enough to have one. What? I'm wearing my US Army flight jacket, and under that, a Sig 226 and 56 rounds of 115 gr. LEBP +P+ JHP 9mm, but you don't think I'm old enough to apply for a credit card? That pissed me off. Put me in a bad mood all day. Sorry, I just threadjacked my first post on this thread. That's awesome.

Anyway, I love to OC. It spreads awareness, curious people learn something, and it is a visible deterrent. Also, the Kel Tec PF9 I carry concealed at work, I have to clean weekly because of lint and sweat. The P226 and G19 need much less maintenance as they do not contact my body.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    See! had you not been covering up your Sig with your jacket she would have seen you carrying and let you apply for the card! ;)

Anyway, nice stories around OCing. Keep it up. :yesway:

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    You can OC with your concealed weapons permit!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! AMAZING!

I OC more in the summer (comfort).. Never have any issues really. But then again I dont go a heck of a lot of places, and live in a small town where the neighbors know what you are having for dinner, and what classes your kids are taking. Pretty laid back living.. Love It!

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    What? Not possible. Just ask Yeager and Pincus, OCers are "ass clowns" and do nothing to educate the public!

If you are going to smear Pincus and Dinkus - at least get their quote right - they did not say all OC'ers are assclowns. They did quantify it. Do not get me wrong - I am not saying you cannot smear them.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    If you are going to smear Pincus and Dinkus - at least get their quote right - they did not say all OC'ers are assclowns. They did quantify it. Do not get me wrong - I am not saying you cannot smear them.

Oh thats right. They just smeared some ass clowns, so off course no one can reasonably smear them now. :rolleyes:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

Man, I didn't know that I had to be EXACT when I used purple text, sheesh, is that in the FAQ? :dunno:

:D

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I OC most of the time. I have had so many great conversations with people, and met one of my best friends as a result.

What is this? I OC frequently and very rarely does anyone say anything. I have had a few good conversations with people about it, but they are the rarity. Honestly in three years of OC, I've had about six or so conversations about carry. Maybe a dozen.

The vast majority of the time it's just ho hum every day stuff. I go in the store get what I want and get in line to pay for it. No one ever says anything. Or I help an elderly person load their stuff in the car, nothing about pistol on my hip. Am I doing it right or wrong?:dunno:

Here are some of the "good" OC experiences I've had with LEO. Which are the same as with anyone.

Top Bottom