• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've always had an unrealistic opinion of MI. I've been vacationing up there since I was around 10 years so I have a lot of memories and since all were generated on vacations they're all good. I could easily retire up in northern MI or the UP but those areas are 180* from any location I would ever get the wife to agree to move to so it'll just have to remain my happy place.

Enjoy the vacation!

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I love it up there. Just took the family to Frankenmuth for a weekend, we go there at least once a year. Nice little tourist town.

Have fun.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Drink a bells two hearted ale for the local economy. Take the wife to a dispensary and ask for a free sample. (When in Rome)

My favorite area so far is above/around the M-55 highway up to Sleepy bear west side ect. Always used to stop at the Dublin general store (groceries jerky of all kinds electrical tape ammo great selection of bourbon I don’t see normally cigars all the good stuff in one store) kayak the river from there.

Next driving trip is around the whole lake but I want to find a way I don’t have to go into Illinois. I hear there is a ferry from Wisconsin to a island in the middle of the lake and you can camp the night and catch the ferry to Michigan again. Looked like 71 dollars per person and 78 a car. Not giving Illinois a dime priceless.

Top Bottom