• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    You guys were talking about Nelson's chicken, this guy has a recipe for the sauce: Rob Yoder's Bits: Nelson's Golden Glow Sauce

If you read the comments, they talk about the machine that roasts the chickens. Roasts for maybe 15-20 minutes then dipped in the sauce then repeat.

Unsurprisingly, the sauce is mostly butter :laugh:

I'd like to try to recreate this with my smoker by just dipping the chicken in the marinade every 20 minutes during the cook.

Funny you mention Nelson's. I just got off the phone with them. Ordered Pit-tatoes for 150 people for my son's graduation party.:yesway:

Growing up in Wakarusa, I have had more than my share of that chicken and endured more than my share of copycat's attempts to clone it. I have never been that impressed. What's impressive is Nelson's ability to cook it in mass quantities and still turn out a decent product for a low price.

My brother uses the recipe similar to the one you linked, and does what you suggested, smoke, dip, repeat... I like it better than Nelson's, mostly because he uses a higher quality bird.

Next Saturday I will be making my first attempt at the ultimate in backyard grilling, the hog roast.:rockwoot:

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    I use my lodge skillets and dutch on my eggs all the time. Blackened ribeyes, brick chicken, skillet potatoes, bacon. Doing blackened ribeyes just really works great getting the egg up around 600-700.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Put three 5 lb pork loins on the Chargriller this morning. Kept the temp around 275 for about 4 hours and pulled them when they hit 180 degrees. Having the whole fam over for Father's Day. So far everyone is enjoying it.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Good lookin smoke ring! I pull mine at 140* then wrap in foil and towel while they rest. They'll easily get to 145* in 20 minutes and be moist as can be.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    My wife just brought these home for me to play with, they smell wonderful.

A8AA8369-860F-4F71-881D-102A8F0981A0_zpsenqp6qik.jpg

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Keep up the good work guys! I sure enjoy looking at the pictures!

I have been looking into a Klose smoker, big money but seems to be legit. I think I could have a lot of fun with one.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Gave the reverse sear another go for dinner this evening, this time on some NY strips. A little less smoke would have been good but they were still really tasty. I covered mine with some mushrooms I sauteed in butter and a couple pinches of the bourbon smoked paprika. I'll be doing that again.

311CA4D4-8EA0-4128-A432-7BE8261AE5D3_zpsfbib51uo.jpg

Top Bottom