Granger Community Church to become gun free zone.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Does she give you permission to be there while armed? It IS possible to remain armed while at schools.

Not sure if she would allow me to carry there, but I know when my father-in-law lived there, he had had shotguns and pistols there.

FTFY
    We all know that GLOCKs are the devil's toys and go BOOM just by looking at them. No follower of Jesus would ever dare have such a fugly weapon in the lords precense. :laugh:

-Jedi

"precense"?

jd42k

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Folks this post is making me sick to my stomach.

As a long time Granger Community Church (GCC) member who serves within the church I'm willing to approach the church and find out what their policy is and try to get approval in writing. You know almost every week I sit directly behind one of our pastors and they don't even know I'm carrying. My subconscious sometimes wonders while thinking "pastor, I got your back". I certainly don't want to loose the ability to not carry while attending and/or serving for the church.

If anyone who is a member would like to join me, PM me and we can work together.

If any INGO members have any recommendations, facts or statistics shoot them my way and I'll begin to build my case.

I understand the school will be called "Early Learning Center" and is a faith based preschool that provides quality education for children 2.5 - 5 yrs.
    Meet the Early Learning Center

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Is there any documentation indicating this IS possible? I'm collecting facts and writing a letter to the senior pastor regarding this very matter.

Please advise.

See the statute. IC 35-47-9-2(2), if memory serves, where it says a person "employed or authorized by a school" is exempt from the law forbidding firearms on school property.

A letter from "the school", specifically, a person authorized to speak for the school would seem to suffice.

I am not a lawyer. Please hire and consult someone who is, here in IN, before proceeding.

Blessings,
    Bill

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    ^^^ What Bill said. I also believe you would do EVERYONE a favor by consulting with a lawyer well versed in Indiana gun laws to dot the Ts and cross the i's... You know what I mean ;)

If they are game we could make it public and draw attention to the fact that normal armed citizens obeying Indiana law can carry a handgun in a school.

kemmeyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    We're on top of it!

Hey all... I thought I'd jump in this discussion and try to be helpful. I'm on staff at Granger Community Church and wanted to let you know that we're on top of this--checking regulations to see what is permissible. Feel free to direct any inquires to our executive pastor, Tim Stevens (tstevens@gccwired.com). He'd be more than happy to help.

Thanks!

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN
    Hey all... I thought I'd jump in this discussion and try to be helpful. I'm on staff at Granger Community Church and wanted to let you know that we're on top of this--checking regulations to see what is permissible. Feel free to direct any inquires to our executive pastor, Tim Stevens (tstevens@gccwired.com). He'd be more than happy to help.

Thanks!

Hey thanks for getting on the discussion. As you can see we're not looking to be special or freak anyone out. I really think a face to face meeting would be great and we can talk about it.

jd42k

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Northern Indiana

Thanks!

Thanks for the information.
    As a GCC member I'm happy to work with anyone at the church on this. I've collected some facts along with a few of the Indiana Codes. I'll be contacting Tim Stevens soon in the event I don't hear back from you.

We are law abiding Christians who simply want to continue what we've lawfully been doing for several years without risk of unknowingly committing a Felony.

Top Bottom