• ...and so much more!
  • HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    This is pretty neat.....(30 second video)... Have you ever seen one of our military walking past you and wanted to convey to them your thanks,
    but weren't sure how or it felt awkward? Recently, a gentleman from Seattle created a gesture which could be used and has started a movement to get the word out.
    Please everybody take just a moment to watch.... The Gratitude Campaign; ..and then forward it to your friends! THEN START USING THE SIGN.

http://www.gratitudecampaign.org/shortmovie.php

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    Just this last saturday at the Indy Airport, my wife saw two uniformed soldiers and said "Thanks for serving our country". One of them replied "Thanks for your support"
    My wife felt that all three of them walked away feeling a little better about life.:patriot:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    To some of us that have been in for a while it is a little embarrassing sometimes...

How many of you would thank your local LEO, Firefighter, EMT...

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    To some of us that have been in for a while it is a little embarrassing sometimes...

How many of you would thank your local LEO, Firefighter, EMT...

I'd rather embarrass you than ignore you.;)

As far as LEO, Firefighter & EMT personnel, when I'm in contact with them it's usually an emergency and therefore not appropriate.... I will thank them afterwards. If introduced to someone at a social event, I will also take note to thank them and share my appreciation.
    PS... I do this with doctors and nurses also. I've had alot of contact with them lately.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I do that all the time, anyplace I see a service man or women I make it a point to go over and and shake their hand and tell them thank you, I am proud of all of them. My God keep them safe from all harm and bring them home safe to their loved one's. It is so little for all they do and sacrifice for us.:patriot:

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    Saturday morning at the Indy Airport, Three separate rounds of applause from people waiting for their loved ones (non military) at three times over the half hour I was there. Way to go Indy. We are proud of our service men and women!!!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom