New Palestine
    89614441_NO_CUPCAKE_FOR_YOU_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    How else are you going to teach them that you don't have to work for your money. Your government will provide you with what you need.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    well, she didn't build the sidewalk or the roads that her customers used to get there. Government did that. She didn't print the currency that they used to purchase the cupcakes, government did that. I'm so tired of small business owners lying and saying that they build their companies all by themselves. We as a nation wouldn't even exist if it weren't for government spontaneously imposing itself on us. Good on them for continuing to regulate us.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    How else are you going to teach them that you don't have to work for your money. Your government will provide you with what you need.

Pretty much what I was thinking. Early education of the sheep.
    And ya hornady, it definitely must pass inspection.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    You aren't allowed to do anything that outside your home without the Gubmint saying that it is okay. ESPECIALLY if it benefits you and/or a charity. This continuing/growing oppression by our Government has long since crossed over into the realm of the ridiculous. AND NEEDS TO BE STAMPED OUT AT THE POLLS.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    You aren't allowed to do anything that outside your home without the Gubmint saying that it is okay. ESPECIALLY if it benefits you and/or a charity. This continuing/growing oppression by our Government has long since crossed over into the realm of the ridiculous. AND NEEDS TO BE STAMPED OUT AT THE POLLS.

I wish it could be.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    The 50s and 60s were such a terrible time to grow up - before the government started really taking care of us. Amazing anyone survived it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The problem isn't that its an 11 year old, the problem is the regulation itself. The requirement for a commercial kitchen very much keeps the little guy (or gal) out. A friend's wife opened a bakery on Mass Ave and discovered she made way more on wedding cakes than on cupcakes and the other little things she sold in the store. With the storefront, with the taxes, rent, and assorted fees, she was basically breaking even each month. The Super Bowl came to town and she lost money, drunks don't buy a lot of cupcakes, apparently.

Anyway, she folded the shop and was going to just do catering and wedding cakes...and ran into the same problem as our 11 year old here. She ended up renting space in a commercial kitchen, and then because it was such a PITA decided she'd either go under the table or fold up shop.

In the end, this cost two people their job, a landlord his tenant, the city a taxpaying small business, and me a handy source of cupcakes. Health departments have overgrown their intent over the years. I've eaten meals around the world, some in highly regulated places, some in places where if you've got a cart, a fire, and a chicken you're a restaurant. I never noticed much difference in how likely I was to get sick. Plus you see the back of restaurants state side, and its foolish to believe that announced inspections every few years are really making much difference or that they are any cleaner than a home kitchen.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    She could be poisoning people with her cupcakes. Without and FDA inspection, how would we know?

Funny thing about the FDA, they don't actually do any of their own testing until people start getting sick/dieing.

They typically rely on the company producing to do its own testing. All the FDA does is audit the paperwork.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    The problem isn't that its an 11 year old, the problem is the regulation itself. The requirement for a commercial kitchen very much keeps the little guy (or gal) out. A friend's wife opened a bakery on Mass Ave and discovered she made way more on wedding cakes than on cupcakes and the other little things she sold in the store. With the storefront, with the taxes, rent, and assorted fees, she was basically breaking even each month. The Super Bowl came to town and she lost money, drunks don't buy a lot of cupcakes, apparently.

Anyway, she folded the shop and was going to just do catering and wedding cakes...and ran into the same problem as our 11 year old here. She ended up renting space in a commercial kitchen, and then because it was such a PITA decided she'd either go under the table or fold up shop.

In the end, this cost two people their job, a landlord his tenant, the city a taxpaying small business, and me a handy source of cupcakes. Health departments have overgrown their intent over the years. I've eaten meals around the world, some in highly regulated places, some in places where if you've got a cart, a fire, and a chicken you're a restaurant. I never noticed much difference in how likely I was to get sick. Plus you see the back of restaurants state side, and its foolish to believe that announced inspections every few years are really making much difference or that they are any cleaner than a home kitchen.

Agreed! I've eaten what would be considered questionable food several times in different parts of Mexico and I didn't get sick. Tequila got me drunk as hades but that's neither here nor there.

My my wife makes cupcakes at home. Our kitchen doesn't have a commercial oven. We've never gotten sick not any of the friends and family that eat them.

AT THIS POINT WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE where the cupcakes are made!?!?!

Top Bottom