Government getting WAY to big for it's britches...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Anyone have any thoughts on how "raw" milk is better than pasteurized milk?

I'm not a real fan of e. coli, salmonella, and listeria. You guys?

And while I'm at it I can't help but mention that the Constitution does charge the Feds with regulating trade among the several States. For once this is actual interstate commerce, as compared with the normal "selling within the state could affect other states, so it's interstate commerce" nonsense the government has pulled.

I've never gotten sick or none anyone that has gotten sick from "raw" milk. I know that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. After doing a quick Google search, I found something that says that according to the CDC, an average of 42 people a year get sick from "raw" milk. The survey of people that drank "raw" milk over pasteurized was 3.04% of the population (says roughly 9.4 million based on 2010 census). It goes on to say that you're about 35,000 times more likely to get sick from other foods that you consume.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I'll check it out, thanks.

Now, thoughts on the e. coli, salmonella, and listeria aspect?
    I and my siblings grew up drinking raw milk we squeezed from our own cow and later from some goats too. Never had any trouble with any of the bacteria you mention. And the gubmint didn't have to come inspect my fingers so I could do the squeezing.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom