Government getting WAY to big for it's britches...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    farmer3_dees.jpg

ray d

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    The goverment got too big a long time ago however it does not have the privilege of telling me what to eat if it wants to test that come to my home.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Anyone have any thoughts on how "raw" milk is better than pasteurized milk?

I'm not a real fan of e. coli, salmonella, and listeria. You guys?

And while I'm at it I can't help but mention that the Constitution does charge the Feds with regulating trade among the several States. For once this is actual interstate commerce, as compared with the normal "selling within the state could affect other states, so it's interstate commerce" nonsense the government has pulled.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Anyone have any thoughts on how "raw" milk is better than pasteurized milk?

I'm not a real fan of e. coli, salmonella, and listeria. You guys?

And while I'm at it I can't help but mention that the Constitution does charge the Feds with regulating trade among the several States. For once this is actual interstate commerce, as compared with the normal "selling within the state could affect other states, so it's interstate commerce" nonsense the government has pulled.

So since you don't want to drink raw milk you think others shouldn't have the right if they want to? Maybe motorcyclists should be made to wear helmets.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    The "interstate commerce" aspect isn't lost on me, but it takes a legion of bureaucrats all working feverishly in concert (like monkeys banging on typewriter) to write a justification for this action within the bounds of the Constitution power to regulate such commerce. I missed it; was Pennsylvania applying a tariff on the milk?

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I'll check it out, thanks.

Now, thoughts on the e. coli, salmonella, and listeria aspect?

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    So since you don't want to drink raw milk you think others shouldn't have the right if they want to? Maybe motorcyclists should be made to wear helmets.

I wear a carbon fiber full face helmet. Always. I do not support helmet laws. I wear kevlar lined jeans. Always. I wear a kevlar shirt. Always. I do not support laws requiring the use of kevlar clothing. Not that those points are in any way relevant.

I don't care what you drink. Suck e. coli and salmonella to your heart's content. I can't stand milk to begin with. Nasty stuff. But then that's my problem and I'm not actually interested in laying it on others.

None the less, the farmer was selling his milk across State lines. Like it or not the Constitution gives the Feds authority over his sales because of that unfortunate detail. All he has to do is quit shipping it and have them pick it up, and he's clear. They get to drink whatever they want.

Got a problem with the Constitution, I recommend amendment.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.

So write an amendment and get it passed and ratified. I think the Interstate Commerce clause gets abused pretty regularly. I don't have to like it, it's still there. Perhaps it shouldn't be.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    None the less, the farmer was selling his milk across State lines. Like it or not the Constitution gives the Feds authority over his sales because of that unfortunate detail.

You are not wrong, but I'm guessing those farmers living on the PA/DE/NJ border in 1790 weren't much bothered by the Feds for selling their milk to their neighbors across state lines. The Fed's interest in such matters is, to me, a much more recent (and disturbing) development.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    That's my point. You don't want government telling you you have to wear protective gear even though you do. I don't drink raw milk but I think folks have a legitimate reason(s) for doing so they should have the right. Who care where they buy it. I didn't like the helmet laws either even though I'm not a biker. I am a huge fan of the Constitution but I still think this is way to much interference from the Federal Government. what next? No sushi? It just points out once again that they have too many resources with too much time ion their hands

Top Bottom