• ...and so much more!
  • GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I got my radio today from Jedi! :rockwoot:It is definetly smaller than I expected, but it receives well.

The first conversation I hear: someone's in the back of a paddy wagon, on their way to the pokey, worried about the cops finding him using his HT, it goes on for about 7 or 8 minutes. From what I could gather he was in Cleremont or Speedway. This conversation was bouncing off of a repeater in NW Marion County. (I'm in SE Marion County.) But I don't know how far it transmits, I clearly get the Greenfield and downtown Indy repeaters. (so far)

If any fellow hams want to help a noob, test his radio, it would be greatly appriceated.

Unit308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Sounds to me as if the person was spoofing the repeater listeners. Had he been in custody, his belongings would have been temporarily taken from him.
    Perhaps he had some E2OH on board while making his transmissions?

And, yes, I am also an Amateur Radio Operator but wish to not give my call out in a public forum.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Its a Baofeng UV-5RA. Nothing fancy, I just wanted something to play with before I go out and buy a Yeaseu or Icom.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Don't get the amateur plate. Anyone can get on the internet and look up your name, address, etc. with no difficulty.

Does anybody still use paddy wagons? Sounds like a joke. If he's on an HT, it'll definitely be through a repeater; HT to HT will basically cover a neighborhood at best.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I wasn't planning on getting an amateur plate. I see a lot of MCSD transport vans around. It may have been a joke, but made for an intersting listen.

Top Bottom