• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SS 396

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Coatesville
    Stopped by the new PSS shop it is very nice by the way, he had a new Colt combat elite i did some trading and took it home. I own several other 1911s this is my first Colt, gave it a complete disassemble and man no machine marks anywhere all parts look very good, the series 80 parts were all nice and smooth. The hammer and sear looked prepared right, very even and smooth stoning. Out of the box trigger pull was 6lbs crisp but little heavy, cleaned and lubed everything it was pretty dry, and swapped out the mainspring for a Wollf 20 lb touched nothing else put it back together very consistent 4.5 lbs and breaks clean and crisp.

Took it out for a test drive with my reloads 6 grains Unique with Xtreme 230rn and some with 5 grains Bullseye it ran beautiful i see now what the fuss is about over a Colt 1911 very nice firearm. some pictures

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Those machining marks on the sides of the slide look horrible. To help out, I will give you half what you paid for it…..

Seriously though, very nice. I've just started getting into 1911's lately, and would like to eventually get a Colt.

SS 396

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Coatesville
    Cowboy1629, he moved next door to speedway auto parts buy the Burlington coat factory behind the Arbys on 40 very roomy place now, really nice setup he is still working on it going to be super nice. Go pay Bob a visit you will like his new setup.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Congrats on the new 1911! Also, thanks for the heads up on PSS moving. That old shop was always a love/hate place. I loved going there when it was quiet but hated being in there when crowded.

SS 396

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Coatesville
    Wizardfitz, you can park a semi over there now big parking lot. Plenty of room in the shop now to walk around and look at everything without bumping into someone.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I like that color scheme. The OG has a similar setup in her S&W PC SW-1911 (only the colors are swapped top to bottom). :)

Enjoy that bad boy.

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    Wizardfitz, you can park a semi over there now big parking lot. Plenty of room in the shop now to walk around and look at everything without bumping into someone.

Thanks for the heads up on parking. I used to park in the lot to the west, its now an aldis. When i run plainfield it was always a good place to take my lunch break

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A good friend stopped by to show me his new Colt.
    I must say they have stepped up their game compared to the last 5 I have owned/seen. Nicely fit up. Trigger was no jewel but that is the thing about the 1911.....it needs us.

Top Bottom