• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

“Incentivizing illegal immigration and exploiting our democracy to skew the number of congressional seats or electoral votes for the presidency is immoral and a sure path to the downfall of our nation,” Rep. Chuck Edwards (R-NC) said when he dropped the bill, known as H.R. 7109, in late January. “Only American citizens can vote, and only American citizens should be counted when determining federal representation.”

This needs to be done.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville

“Incentivizing illegal immigration and exploiting our democracy to skew the number of congressional seats or electoral votes for the presidency is immoral and a sure path to the downfall of our nation,” Rep. Chuck Edwards (R-NC) said when he dropped the bill, known as H.R. 7109, in late January. “Only American citizens can vote, and only American citizens should be counted when determining federal representation.”

This needs to be done.
    Sounds great to me but how do you verify citizenship when filling out the census?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

This needs to be done.
    Chamber-o-commerce R’s won’t vote for it. Who’s gonna nanny their kids? Who’s gonna clean their pools, tend their gardens, roof their homes? :dunno: Who is gonna work under the table at their meat packing plants doing the dirty work their sons don’t want to do?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Chamber-o-commerce R’s won’t vote for it. Who’s gonna nanny their kids? Who’s gonna clean their pools, tend their gardens, roof their homes? :dunno: Who is gonna work under the table at their meat packing plants doing the dirty work their sons don’t want to do?
    And also some evangelicals seem to love their neighbors so much they think they should all be allowed to come here.

i think we need mass deportations.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    And also some evangelicals seem to love their neighbors so much they think they should all be allowed to come here.
    Yeah I've heard of that. Ask those who do believe that if Heaven has a open border policies, or does it require certain people.

Biblically there was no open border policies, unless you conformed to their culture, and beliefs.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Yeah I've heard of that. Ask those who do believe that if Heaven has a open border policies, or does it require certain people.

Biblically there was no open border policies, unless you conformed to their culture, and beliefs.

God sets the standard for the Israelites that the immigrants who come to dwell among them should be treated “as the native among you” (Lev. 19:34), and as he gives the Law to his people, he repeatedly states that its protections—including the right to fair treatment as laborers (Deut. 24:14), to a Sabbath rest (Ex. 20:10), and to prompt payment for labor (Deut. 24:15)—-and most of its requirements (but not all: note Deut. 14:21) are meant for the immigrant as well as the native-born (Ex. 12:49). Throughout the Old Testament, the immigrant is repeatedly referenced with other two other groups—-the fatherless and the widow—-as uniquely vulnerable and thus worthy of special care and provisions (Ps. 146:9, Zech. 7:10, Ezek. 22:7, Mal. 3:5, Jer. 7:6, Deut. 24:21). God commands his people to love immigrants both because he loves them (Deut. 10:18) and because, given their unique history in Egypt, they ought to know better than to mistreat foreigners living in their midst (Deut. 10:19, Ex. 23:9, Lev. 19:34).

While we’re not proposing that we directly apply God’s rules for the nation of Israel to the United States, God’s love for immigrants and others who are vulnerable is unchanging and should guide our contemporary response. The New Testament’s emphatic commands to neighbor love (Matt. 22:39, Lk. 10:27, Rom. 13:9) and to extend hospitality to strangers (1 Tim. 5:10, Heb. 13:2) guide us in the same direction as the many Old Testament texts: Christians are to love, welcome, and seek justice for immigrants. (For a more thorough analysis of the issue of immigration in Scripture, we recommend Christians at the Border: Immigration, the Church, and the Bible by Dr. Daniel Carroll R. of Denver Seminary.)
    I just did a quick search and found this.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Republicans fought to stop slave trade.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Did you read my next post, it was from one of their websites. I personally know some of these people is how I knew to look.
    Many Christians confuse the commands for them individually, those for the family structure, the state, and the church. Kindness to strangers is an individual command.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

i think we need mass deportations.

Sounds good to me… but then what do we do about the illegals that are still here?

Top Bottom