• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Damsel380

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2021
    Plainfield, IN
    My apartment complex has had numerous false alarms that prompted the fire department to arrive.

One night in particular though, about a month ago, mine went off randomly in the middle of the night. Then, big red flag, my dog goes to my bedroom window and starts growling. That’s unusual for him. I’m wondering if the alarm going off could have been a result of a cell phone jammer being used.

Thoughts and opinions?

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    My apartment complex has had numerous false alarms that prompted the fire department to arrive.

One night in particular though, about a month ago, mine went off randomly in the middle of the night. Then, big red flag, my dog goes to my bedroom window and starts growling. That’s unusual for him. I’m wondering if the alarm going off could have been a result of a cell phone jammer being used.

Thoughts and opinions?
    Don't think the dog could possibly be sensitive to cell phone jamming. He might see or smell something that you can't. Any reason to think you're being stalked? Is that why you've asked about signal jamming?

Damsel380

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2021
    Plainfield, IN
    Don't think the dog could possibly be sensitive to cell phone jamming. He might see or smell something that you can't. Any reason to think you're being stalked? Is that why you've asked about signal jamming?
    Well duh lol I assumed cell phone jammers don’t effect dogs. I was referring to the smoke alarm going off, idk if it has some kind of wireless signal where a jammer could have triggered it?

And yes.. I was in an abusive relationship and have reason to believe my ex has stalked me since we split.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Well duh lol I assumed cell phone jammers don’t affect dogs. I was referring to the smoke alarm going off, idk if it has some kind of wireless signal where a jammer could have triggered it?

And yes.. I was in an abusive relationship and have reason to believe my ex has stalked me since we split.
    Lucky guess. Figure the first thing to do would be see if the phone works when the alarm goes off. 2nd thing would be get a bigger gun and an alarm if you don't have those things. And preferably, some professional training to go with the gun.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I cannot help on the OP, but would strongly suggest taking self defense classes. Start out basic and be prepared to advance as you find the discipline that suits you.

A fair amount of self defense classes also dovetail nicely into self defense with weapons, including lights, sticks, pepper spray, your blade and your pistol.

Achieving respectable levels of self defense training can help immensely with mental attitude towards security concerns that can seem eat at you, whether authentic or not.

:twocents:

Last edited:

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana

Thoughts and opinions?

Not that anyone follows code...
    Code says apartments are *Supposed* to be hard wired when they have central systems that will alert the fire department.

Code depends on occupancy, number of units, and what local codes are.

A signal jammer won't mess with battery powered smoke or carbon monoxide detectors, or hard wired detectors,
    I can't tell you about wireless...

Cell phone jammers might bleed all over the radio spectrum (not very well made most times),
    But are usually trying to disrupt digital signals,
    So other than noise, they don't usually mess with analog signals like with hard wired buildings.

The dog alerting and the smoke detector going off around the same time is probably a coincidence unless the smoke detector, or connections, are outside your apartment.

If you think you are being stalked, a 120VAC to 12DC power converter (house wiring to car wiring) and a drive camera is a cheap surveillance system.
    Turn off the power down & parking modes on the car camera and let it run.

With a good size memory card it will record anywhere between 12-48 hours.
    Something happens, you just go through the footage and see...
    While not as good as a full size home survalience system, it's cheap, portable, has some night vision capacity and it's small, goes unnoticed much of the time.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Sometimes I forget your a gal. My bad. Please don't be offended about my comment. The boner drone is a long running joke.

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    Not that anyone follows code...
    Code says apartments are *Supposed* to be hard wired when they have central systems that will alert the fire department.

Code depends on occupancy, number of units, and what local codes are.

A signal jammer won't mess with battery powered smoke or carbon monoxide detectors, or hard wired detectors,
    I can't tell you about wireless...

Cell phone jammers might bleed all over the radio spectrum (not very well made most times),
    But are usually trying to disrupt digital signals,
    So other than noise, they don't usually mess with analog signals like with hard wired buildings.

The dog alerting and the smoke detector going off around the same time is probably a coincidence unless the smoke detector, or connections, are outside your apartment.

If you think you are being stalked, a 120VAC to 12DC power converter (house wiring to car wiring) and a drive camera is a cheap surveillance system.
    Turn off the power down & parking modes on the car camera and let it run.

With a good size memory card it will record anywhere between 12-48 hours.
    Something happens, you just go through the footage and see...
    While not as good as a full size home survalience system, it's cheap, portable, has some night vision capacity and it's small, goes unnoticed much of the time.
    An actual valid response with pertinent information...what’s this doing here?

I keed, I keed...good post.

Top Bottom