• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esigler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Rio Rancho, NM
    I just read this if it has been done before my appologise.

No Firearms Policy

Recently customers have noticed a "no firearms allowed" sign posted on the entrance doors to all Goodyear stores. The official response from the company is as follows:
    In an effort to ensure the safety and security of our associates and customers, we have a clear company policy regarding weapons in the workplace. The Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co. prohibits all persons who enter Company property from carrying a handgun, firearm, or prohibited weapon of any kind onto the property regardless of whether the person is licensed to carry the weapon or not. Exceptions apply to on-duty law enforcement personnel. This policy applies to all Company employees, visitors, customers, and contractors on Company property -- including our Company-owned stores. All Company properties have received a decal or sign referencing this policy, and have been instructed to post it. The policy also restricts off-duty officers of the law from carrying a firearm into the store as well

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    This is only for corporate owned stores - typically found only in major metro areas.

Just because there is a Goodyear sign up, doesn't mean they own the point.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Concealed means concealed and the worst they can do is ask you to leave. That said, go, give them a "no gun, no $" card, and take your business elsewhere.

Just curious, where did you find this info? A search of their corporate website for "firearm" and for "handgun" came up empty.

Blessings,
    B

am94pm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    I would love to see them try to tell an off-duty officer they can't carry their gun in.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Makes me feel good that my truck is wearing Yokohamas. Of course, their parent company is likely to be no better, but they aren't an American company exhibiting a clearly unAmerican policy.

Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    I sent this note to them

I have recently been advised by a group I belong to and wanted to ask about this policy to see if it is true.
    At this time I have 4 vehicles I own & drive in addition to another that I am responsable for, in addition 5 trailers that all have Goodyear tires on them.
    I was at one time a deputy town marshall and have had a permit to carry a handgun legaly in my state for
    25 years. If this is the stance your company is going to take. I plan on taking my business elsewhere and will find another tire brand. I will also note that 17 years ago I had an issue with a Michelin tires on a truck that was obviously a quality issue in which they failed to stand behind thier product and I have never purchased another product with thier name since.
    My question is, is this your companies policy?
    In an effort to ensure the safety and security of our associates and customers, we have a clear company policy regarding weapons in the workplace. The Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co. prohibits all persons who enter Company property from carrying a handgun, firearm, or prohibited weapon of any kind onto the property regardless of whether the person is licensed to carry the weapon or not. Exceptions apply to on-duty law enforcement personnel. This policy applies to all Company employees, visitors, customers, and contractors on Company property -- including our Company-owned stores. All Company properties have received a decal or sign referencing this policy, and have been instructed to post it. The policy also restricts off-duty officers of the law from carrying a firearm into the store as well.
    How can your policy ensure the safety and security of your associates and customers? While it disarms my self and my family by asking that I do not lawfully carry my concieled firearm. thus disarming myself or my family and not allowing the defense of ones self if ever necessary
    It's a proven point that the criminal element will not observe your policy no matter how large the signage.
    So why take a stance like this even to off duty police officers. and on that note an officer of the law is never off duty.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    I work at an independent shop, and my boss carries like Rambo does. He has 2 in his toolboxes and 1 in his office, and 1 on person. Its funny to look at customers when they see you wrenching on something, then your pistol is right there with you. A totally different look.

Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    Here was thier reply
    I think we need to let them know who buys thier products and who will not anymore

Sent by: Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company Consumer Relations 728 1144 East
    Market Street Akron, OH 44316 Voice #: 800.321.2136 Fax #:

Thank you for contacting our web site and for voicing your concerns. In an
    effort to ensure the safety and security of our associates and customers,
    we have a clear company policy regarding weapons in the workplace. The
    Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co. prohibits all persons who enter Company
    property from carrying a handgun, firearm, or prohibited weapon of any kind
    onto the property regardless of whether the person is licensed to carry the
    weapon or not. Exceptions apply to on-duty law enforcement personnel.
    This policy applies to all Company employees, visitors, customers, and
    contractors on Company property -- including our Company-owned stores.
    All Company properties have received a decal or sign referencing this
    policy, and have been instructed to post it.

Sincerely,
    Sue
    Consumer Relations

JBrockman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Amity, Johnson Count
    I was getting ready right after Christmas to purchase 4 tires for my 4X4 Dodge, I guess as of now GoodYear is out of the running.
    Anyone out there have a preferance on good all weather tire for street only 4X4 that is not GoodYear?

bartonmd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Mooresville/Camby
    I was getting ready right after Christmas to purchase 4 tires for my 4X4 Dodge, I guess as of now GoodYear is out of the running.
    Anyone out there have a preferance on good all weather tire for street only 4X4 that is not GoodYear?

In the All Terrain market, the Firestone Destination AT just barely got beat out by the Wrangler Silent Armor on Tire Rack, but at least for my vehicle, the Firestones are $25 less per tire. If you're just looking for an "all season", the Michelin M/S tires are good for that, as well as the Firestone Destination LE tires!

Mike

Top Bottom