Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    She didn't do film that for it to go viral.

Well, it NEEDS TO.

Brought tears to my eye. I wish we could see MORE people helping people.
    Indeed. I'm not ashamed to admit that it choked me up as well when I saw it. It's just refreshing to see something like that happening in our crime ridden society nowadays. It's a much needed uplifting story for sure.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Indeed. I'm not ashamed to admit that it choked me up as well when I saw it. It's just refreshing to see something like that happening in our crime ridden society nowadays. It's a much needed uplifting story for sure.
    It's amazing how much nicer things are when people treat each other decently isn't it? :)

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It's amazing how much nicer things are when people treat each other decently isn't it? :)
    Yep, it is. One of the young men that came to their assistance said in the article when they saw the elderly couple needed assistance that they did not hesitate. He said that the elderly woman could've been like his grandmother in need of help.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    I think we need this about now. Too much gloom and doom. Post all your good people stories here.

Hundreds offer to donate cars to South Carolina mechanic who fixes them for those in need​

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hundre...na-mechanic-who-fixes-them-for-those-in-need/
    One of our neighbors created a FB account for folks in our subdivision. One of the folks on the account is a mechanic. He posted a 4 paragraph message about how to take care of your vehicle if you park outside in this crazy cold weather. Some pretty interesting stuff. A simple but nice gesture.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    One of our neighbors created a FB account for folks in our subdivision. One of the folks on the account is a mechanic. He posted a 4 paragraph message about how to take care of your vehicle if you park outside in this crazy cold weather. Some pretty interesting stuff. A simple but nice gesture.

I saw a guy on YouTube, posting 'fatherly' advice for people that didn't get taught some things.
    Like, changing tires, how to tie a tie, stuff like that.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    I saw a guy on YouTube, posting 'fatherly' advice for people that didn't get taught some things.
    Like, changing tires, how to tie a tie, stuff like that.
    I was fortunate in that my dad owned one of the last gas station/garages in Hammond Indiana. The one where you pumped the gas for the customer, checked the tire pressure, and oil. Myself, my brothers, cousins and some reliable friends worked there. I learned a lot about cars and customer service. What I learned about cars back then would not apply to vehicles now. But the customer service learned applied throughout my career.

Top Bottom