• ...and so much more!
  • Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific

Loyal Dog Found With Body of Missing Colorado Hiker​

A search and rescue operation comes to an end after authorities discovered the body of missing Colorado hiker Rich Moore of Pagosa Springs. Rescuers also discovered Finney, Moore’s Jack Russell Terrier, alongside her owner. Miraculously, the faithful dog was still alive.

The Archuleta County Sheriff’s office reported the discovery of Rich Moore’s body in a remote mountain area this week, ending a nearly two-month search for the missing Colorado hiker. Officials recovered the body of the 71-year-old nearly seven weeks after he first went missing. According to officials, Moore’s dog remained by his side.

Against all odds, the loyal canine managed to survive. Moore and his Jack Russell Terrier were first reported missing after they failed to return from a hike up Blackhead Peak, a 12,500-foot mountain located east of Pagosa Springs, on Aug. 19. As per the Denver Gazette, a local hunter discovered the body of the missing Colorado hiker on Oct. 30 in the Lower Blanco drainage basin.[/url]

1699738715416.png

https://www.outsider.com/outdoors/c...found-dead-griffith-park-dog-his-side-report/

California Hiker Oscar Hernandez Found Dead at Griffith Park With His Dog Alive and by His Side​

Earlier this week, a hiker named Oscar Hernandez was found dead in a California park next to his dog, King, after going missing 16 days ago. When authorities arrived at the scene, the hiker’s pet was alive and laying by his side.

The call finally came in at 7:15 pm on Thursday. After searching the densely forested park, the Los Angeles Fire Department located Hernandez and King near Fern Canyon Trail. According to a firefighter on the scene, they found Hernandez “a good hike up from the park’s merry-go-round.”

King, Hernandez’s dog, stayed by his owner’s side for weeks, long after his death. Thankfully, the dog finally went home with Hernandez’s family.

1699738977539.png

And an older story...

Faithful Dog Stands Guard Six Weeks Over Owner’s Dead Body​

Authorities in Greeley, Colorado have found the body of a male they’ve been looking for over the past two months. They believe missing Jake Baysinger committed suicide, a tragedy his family worked hard to stop.

But it’s another discovery they made at the remote northwestern part of the plains, about 120 kilometres from Denver, that’s making headlines around the world. The 25-year-old took his dog with him when he went to commit his final act in the wilderness.

And six weeks later, when searchers finally stumbled onto the scene, they found the German Shepherd still guarding his master’s body. The animal was thin and dehydrated – but still very much alive.

“Cash” apparently survived by eating mice and rabbits that are native to the area and kept coyotes and other scavengers away from the body. He reportedly ran in and out of the open pick-up truck Baysinger drove up in to escape any bad weather.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    This old boy is getting some years on him and so am I. I think he is gonna be the last.
    He is so special to my family its gonna tear me to pieces when he is gone. They just don't live long enough.

Attachments

• 20221108_160211.jpg
      20221108_160211.jpg
      433.6 KB · Views: 9

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    I'm afraid today will be the last for our little Jackson. He would be 16 at Christmas.
    But he's been a good boy through all these years. He's pretty much quit eating and drinking for over a week now.
    He was just at the vet a few weeks ago. He's due for a couple of vacs, but the vet told us he wouldn't bother with them.
    Pup.jpg
    Oh he's a "mutt" alright...
    ThePup.jpg

Attachments

• DNA.jpg
      DNA.jpg
      121.5 KB · Views: 12
    Last edited:

Lpherr

Occupied
    I'm afraid today will be the last for our little Jackson. He would be 16 at Christmas.
    But he's been a good boy through all these years. He's pretty much quit eating and drinking for over a week now.
    He was just at the vet a few weeks ago. He's due for a couple of vacs, but the vet told us he wouldn't bother with them.
    View attachment 311741
    Oh he's a "mutt" alright...
    View attachment 311761
    Sorry to hear the news. Almost 16 years is a good run.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    A friend of mine told me dogs are here to teach kids about death. I take the death of my dogs harder than some people, and I don't mean people I don't like, but family and friends.

Not sure what that says about me. I am sure it ain't good. It is; however, the truth.

Lpherr

Occupied
    A friend of mine told me dogs are here to teach kids about death. I take the death of my dogs harder than some people, and I don't mean people I don't like, but family and friends.

Not sure what that says about me. I am sure it ain't good. It is; however, the truth.
    Dogs are here to teach us (everyone) how to love.
    A dogs heart is already full of love and that's why their time is so short.
    A dog is loyal and will never turn it's back on you, unlike people, even family and friends.

Top Bottom