• Status
    Not open for further replies.

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    We all know there is a bottomless pit of pronouns that we must be conscious of (yeah right). Since the majority of foreign languages are genderized. How does a tranny traveling to parts of Canada where French is the native language or Mexico survive when the tranny insists on being called “they”?

Without using gender most foreign languages don’t work. That said, this must be a United States only issue?

I can’t wait to hear from those here who are bilingual to get their take.

Morgan12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2023
    Illinois
    I’m really confused with the them/they thing with the English language! Isn’t them/they plural????

If had have one job opening and some one marks them/they I’d have to inform them I only have one job opening so I couldn’t hire them.

I always thought people that drove El Caminos were confused but wow these kids today took the cake!

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I don't think the non-English speaking world actually has to deal with any of this nonsense. It's just us.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I’m really confused with the them/they thing with the English language! Isn’t them/they plural????

If had have one job opening and some one marks them/they I’d have to inform them I only have one job opening so I couldn’t hire them.

I always thought people that drove El Caminos were confused but wow these kids today took the cake!
    Well, El Caminos are pretty cool.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    There might be some confusion with the French Canadians, though I think they'd adapt well enough.

In Mexico, there's gonna be quite a bit less tolerance. Other parts of the world are likely to resolve the problem quickly and without any debate.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I don't think the non-English speaking world actually has to deal with any of this nonsense. It's just us.

I don't think I've seen any in other European countries, but did see some in France. Specifically Paris. Nobody seemed to be bothered by them except the one guy who looked like Rodney Dangerfield in a dress and wig arguing with the bread, but I don't think the dress was the issue there. The fact he was having a pretty intense debate with loaves of bread was probably more the thing. I don't speak French, so I'm not sure what the issue was, but the bread was just taking it in silence.

Wasn't a thing in the Middle East. Arabic countries tend to be pretty firm on gender roles. Homosexuality is tolerated in some countries as long as you're quiet about it, no parades allowed.

As far as the gendered languages, it is very much a debate in those countries. I can kind of get it, it's kind of a PITA to remember if a coffee mug is a male or female. Even more confusing to me is things like animals where some animals have different names if they are male or female. Sometimes it's a letter change, sometimes it's a completely different word, sometimes there's only one form. In Spanish, the word for giraffe is always female so if it's a male giraffe you have to actually say "male giraffe" or use an article to indicate sex. English is confusing AF with animals, too though. Cows are the default term, but cows are the females of the species. A male cow is, of course, a bull. We don't tend to think of "cows" as gendered because it's a relic and we don't have to modify adjectives or grammar based on male vs female nouns.

Wandering afield, but W in the AF did old timey English speakers decide that every type of animal needed it's own name for a group of them? Why not just a "group of..."

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    We all know there is a bottomless pit of pronouns that we must be conscious of (yeah right). Since the majority of foreign languages are genderized. How does a tranny traveling to parts of Canada where French is the native language or Mexico survive when the tranny insists on being called “they”?

Without using gender most foreign languages don’t work. That said, this must be a United States only issue?

I can’t wait to hear from those here who are bilingual to get their take.

Meh...I have opted out of playing fantasy games with mentally ill folks.

I don't give a rat's ***.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Wandering afield, but W in the AF did old timey English speakers decide that every type of animal needed it's own name for a group of them? Why not just a "group of...

Maybe the herders were trying to identify which ruminating mammals would kick and which would headbutt when approached and rebuffed.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    My youngest kid born male wants to identify as a female. Any sorry sacks of s**t want to throw your homophobic bigoted doctrine in my face? F**k this place and half of you with it. I'll miss the funny picture threads but that's it.
    Buh-bye. Don't recommend endorsing mental health delusions before their 18th birthday.. To do so is child abuse. And really? You only offer to **** 1/2 of us? My feelings are hurt. I hear your pain but I think your anger is misdirected.

I am really sorry about your luck with your son. I have a 30+ year old who believes endorsing the cancer in our society represented by this social contagion among our youth is appropriate. And that teal is an appropriate hair color. He'll not inherit any of this piece of earth I've been caretaker of for so many years. Don't give in. Fight back.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My youngest kid born male wants to identify as a female. Any sorry sacks of s**t want to throw your homophobic bigoted doctrine in my face? F**k this place and half of you with it. I'll miss the funny picture threads but that's it.
    You might want to seriously consider ignoring threads that might offend you. It will lower your blood pressure and avoid you getting dinged for insulting other forum members.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I don't think I've seen any in other European countries, but did see some in France. Specifically Paris. Nobody seemed to be bothered by them except the one guy who looked like Rodney Dangerfield in a dress and wig arguing with the bread, but I don't think the dress was the issue there. The fact he was having a pretty intense debate with loaves of bread was probably more the thing. I don't speak French, so I'm not sure what the issue was, but the bread was just taking it in silence.

Wasn't a thing in the Middle East. Arabic countries tend to be pretty firm on gender roles. Homosexuality is tolerated in some countries as long as you're quiet about it, no parades allowed.

As far as the gendered languages, it is very much a debate in those countries. I can kind of get it, it's kind of a PITA to remember if a coffee mug is a male or female. Even more confusing to me is things like animals where some animals have different names if they are male or female. Sometimes it's a letter change, sometimes it's a completely different word, sometimes there's only one form. In Spanish, the word for giraffe is always female so if it's a male giraffe you have to actually say "male giraffe" or use an article to indicate sex. English is confusing AF with animals, too though. Cows are the default term, but cows are the females of the species. A male cow is, of course, a bull. We don't tend to think of "cows" as gendered because it's a relic and we don't have to modify adjectives or grammar based on male vs female nouns.

Wandering afield, but W in the AF did old timey English speakers decide that every type of animal needed it's own name for a group of them? Why not just a "group of..."
    Up side would be that I doubt a coffee mug would be offended if misgendered.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom